Calyx Hunter's - Soil - Multi Strain - 4X4 Tent - 600W HPS

Day 66
Day 36 of 12/12
Day ~ 28 of flower

I irrigated only the Diamond Girl last night with 2 tbsp Big Bloom, 2 tsp Sledge Hammer and 2 tsp Bembe per air bubbled gallon of DTW

OG Kush
Day66a1.JPG

Day66b1.JPG

Day66c.JPG

Day66d.JPG

Day66e.JPG

Day66f.JPG

Hindu Kush
Day66g.JPG

One thing I do know about dimable ballasts. If you turn down your ballast its still using the rated wattage. The surplus is disapated to the big heatsink the new digitals are made inside of. And its hard on the bulbs. Same with the boosted ones.
Makes sense running more or less wattage on a bulb tested and rated to run at a certain amperage.

Good to know at least if anyone didn't know already.

Looking good cylax. I think your plants might have a slight overdose of awesome lol how many days are those strains? Gonna be a nice harvest.

Hahaha Thanks Stumped!

The Diamond Girl must have had an issue as it is just now throwing out tons of pistils that all the others have already done. The Diamond Girl should be the fastest finisher but it looks like it'll be the last to finish. It is looking better every day and the crystals on it are very impressive.

Flowering Times (checked on seedfinder.eu)

Great White Shark ~ 68 Days
Diamond Girl ~ 56 Days
Lemon Kush ~ 60 Days
Hindu Kush ~ 55 Days
OG Kush ~ 60 Days

Day 67 Total
Day 37 of 12/12
Day ~ 29 of flower

Last night I irrigated the Front OG with 2 tsp Tiger Bloom, 2 tsp Sledge Hammer, and 2 tsp Bembe

I also irrigated the Lemon Kush with only 4 tbsp of Big Bloom per air bubbled gallon

I believe my trichome production is exceeding my last grow. This could be due to the strains or it could be due to my better irrigation and feeding practices. I also believe that I may produce more weight with more plants and allowing for deeper light penetration rather than training a canopy into a SCROG. Just my early observation though. I'm having more fun on this grow even though I need to water almost every night!

Perspective
Day67b.JPG

Day67a.JPG

The Beast from the Middle East (Hindu Kush) posing for the camera
Day67c.JPG

Another shot of the Beast
Day67d.JPG

The Diamond Girl is still immature but surprisingly crystally for still popping pistils
Day67e.JPG

Diamond Girl
Day67f.JPG

Lemon Kush now has some of the most beautiful buds in the tent. The underside ribs of the sugar leaves are getting covered with trichomes already. I could stare at my buds for hours.
Day67g.JPG

:trance:

Great looking plants, wish I could smell through the screen lol
:thumb:

I'm currently working on a scratch n sniff monitor

How far is your light from the closest and furthest top. Estimated? Looks 18 to 20 inch?

I'd have to measure to be sure but here's my approximations to your question

The highest top is the Diamond Girl at about 10" from the hood

The lowest top is probably a low branch on the Hindu Kush at about 24" away

So I would guess that there is a 14-18" separation from highest to lowest top. Good guess!

ag21.jpg

you know what problem this is CALYX HUNTER? is it just nitrogen deficiency again?

It can be difficult to pinpoint nutrient issues but honestly I don't think it is Nitrogen deficient. I'm leaning more towards Potassium deficient but I could be wrong. Yellow lower older leaves can be a problem with N, P, K or Mg.

Since the rest of your growth seems nice and green I would treat with a mild nutrient bump maybe heavier on the Potassium or K. It almost seems like the leaf could've been tucked in a way that that middle finger was being heavily shaded. Does the plant show any other signs of yellowing or strange growth?

I can't think of any deficiencies it would have cause it's getting the whole fox farm trio and floranova grow,

And nope that is the only thing wrong with it, I'm about to upload pics to my journal so check them out and let me know what you think

ladies look absolute poetry CH! really glad to see them like that. when you said that you think this light penetration technique seems to be showing better growth for you than traditional scrog, can you just elaborate on that further? i was thinking of implementing scrog method for my imminent grow. cheers.

ladies look absolute poetry CH! really glad to see them like that. when you said that you think this light penetration technique seems to be showing better growth for you than traditional scrog, can you just elaborate on that further? i was thinking of implementing scrog method for my imminent grow. cheers.

Don't get me wrong SCROG technique is the shit. Talk about poetry, when you get a SCROG trellis all filled in it is a gorgeous thing. On my Jedi Death Star SCROG grow I had a pretty even canopy and I believe due to my reflectors uneven light distribution it caused yellowing or light bleach in the center of my canopy. Since the plants were locked in there was nothing to really do about it other than adding some sort of light baffle to minimize the hot spot which I didn't want to muck with. The JDS buds that formed were not that tall. I felt that with all the extra lamp power that I have I could have longer buds and deeper light penetration thus increasing production from the same amount of tops. This is all conjecture and I am comparing what is going on now to memory. I just feel that my buds this time around are much healthier and developing nicer but this is probably due to other factors . I'm not creating a solid canopy this time but going for more of an Au Natural style. I defol to maintain good light penetration and air flow. I rotate my plants 1/4 turn every day or every other day to kind of round them out. This Au Natural style of growing is more to my liking and less work so I may be biased towards having an opinion on one side.

SCROG IMO is one of the best ways to pack a bunch in a finite amount of space especially when limited vertically. To best utilize the SCROG method I would suggest a reflector or light source with very uniform coverage. The Hydrofarm Radiant 6 would not be a good choice IMO. Happy SCROG'n my friend. Check out Teldren's grows. He is a SCROG master.

Here's a link to one his journals
teldrens-organic-soil-3-x-5-scrog-2x-400-hps-2-blue-dream-1-nn-kush-11

cheers for clearing that up man. you are right though it does make one feel better seeing plants grow Au Natural like yours, it makes it more organic than conformed. hmmm this is a tough one, but I am personally moving towards the idea of letting them be free but training and defoliating them hard. we'll see. stoked for you though mate, the ladies look bangin. how did the JDS smoke?

cheers for clearing that up man. you are right though it does make one feel better seeing plants grow Au Natural like yours, it makes it more organic than conformed. hmmm this is a tough one, but I am personally moving towards the idea of letting them be free but training and defoliating them hard. we'll see. stoked for you though mate, the ladies look bangin. how did the JDS smoke?

It smokes great. Super smooth and super mellow stone. Apparently it is a 1:1 CBD/THC strain so it is very medicative. I seriously smell my fingers after every bowl I pack of it. lovely, just lovely

Back
Top Bottom