Campaign To Legalize Home Marijuana In D.C. Hits Hurdles

The General

An organization aiming to get thousands of signatures supporting the legalization of home marijuana in D.C. is hitting hurdles. Gathering nearly 24,000 signatures from D.C. residents will put legalizing marijuana for home use on the November ballot -- beyond the city's recent vote to decriminalize marijuana with fines instead of jail time. Adam Eidinger with D.C. Cannabis campaigns to get the signatures on public property, but many residents that walk by him say they're reluctant to sign any documents.

"What we hear a lot is, 'I work for the government, I have a contract with the government, I don't want to sign it," Eidinger explained. "We're under extra pressure to get this done in a very short period of time and I don't want to let the city down." He said some of his volunteers have left with dozens of signature sheets, but have yet to return them. "We're under extra pressure to get this done in a very short period of time and I don't want to let the city down," Eidinger said. "I'm here telling you, it's not going great."

Marijuana-Ligthing-Indoor.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Nbcwashington.com
Author: Tom Sherwood
Website: Campaign to Legalize Home Marijuana in D.C. Hits Hurdles | NBC4 Washington

Back
Top Bottom