Can a plant in full bloom return to veg so it can grow more?

Lusi

Hi!

Can I return a plant 30 days in bloom to vegging? It would go outside and have 4 more months of veg cycle. Read the bottom, to see why.

I'm dealing with a mild spider mite attack indoors. They aren't bed, there are no webs. I stopped spraying in February, as I was bringing no outside plants into the house and things were bug free. Guessed I missed one egg when I brought 4 clones in December, quarantined them while I did 3 doses of Azamax, 3 days apart. :-(

Here's the details:
-In the flowering tent, 3 plants remain. 2 GDPs 60 days in bloom and one-
Plant 30 in bloom. This is the one in question.
-Veg, three show mites, the rest don't. I am treating all plants as they have mites.-
-The 3 large veg plants are destined to go outside for the summer. I still have no house to buy, it could be months more. All plants will be in pots to stay mobile, but not sure if I should toss them out now...

So far, I plan to early harvest the GDPs, and have sprayed the last bloomer with No Spider Mites, then set in in a separate closet under the 150W HPS. The GDPs have their fan leaves removed and are in the veg lights while I spray down the tent with Home Defense. Darn it all, the trichs are still clear and the leaves just going purple. All the veg get Avid, then Floramite 3 days later. At least The mites are under control now.-

Today, I checked on the lone blooming plant in the closet. Boxes fell over and flattened it in the night, plus the closet was 84 degrees. (it's hot in all the house!) I taped two bent branches with splints. The extreme heat also damaged a lot of this pistils and they are dried up. Will get a photo up later.

So, my idea is to send it back to veg stage and put it outside to get a bit larger and healthier with 4 more months of veg cycle. It's either this, or leave it in the closet to finish.

Any suggestions for this one misfit plant? It is the only one I have of this strains. :-( will get a pic up later.

Yes you can send it back into veg. Since it is 30 days into bloom and buds have formed it may take a month or two for it to turn back around. Patients is gonna be the name of that game.:peacetwo:

Thanks! I can't keep the heat under control while it's 90 outside and 95 in the closet, even with a huge fan. That 150w hps is really kicks out some heat! :-( If any mites remain after spraying "No Spider Mites", perhaps the heat killed them.

Do I need to remove the buds or do anything special? This gal will go outside and have 4 more months of veg growth before daylight drops below 12/12. How long do you think it will take before starting new growth?

TY for the info!

Here's a photo. 150W light sure looks useless.

1fc5d237.png

does your light come on at night when its cooling off outside and go out in the morning when its starts to warm up???? if not , try that...

does your light come on at night when its cooling off outside and go out in the morning when its starts to warm up???? if not , try that...

Thats what I do. Lights are of during the day when its warmest.. On during the cooler nights to help with my heat issues. This works great in the winter also. :smokin:

No not useless. The one thing I love about these girls is they always try for you.

Thanks! I can't keep the heat under control while it's 90 outside and 95 in the closet, even with a huge fan. That 150w hps is really kicks out some heat! :-( If any mites remain after spraying "No Spider Mites", perhaps the heat killed them.

Do I need to remove the buds or do anything special? This gal will go outside and have 4 more months of veg growth before daylight drops below 12/12. How long do you think it will take before starting new growth?

TY for the info!

That really depends upon the strain and how she handles being forced back into veg. No telling how long she will take. Patients is a virtue. :popcorn: :peacetwo:

I have my lights on at night. My landlord still has not fixed the AC, so it's baking in all the house. :-( We're starting legal process and trying to get the he'll out of here! Til that happens, well it's 88 in the living room right now.

My entire hesitation to grow inside was because of the extreme heat here. $350 electric bills and no sleep at night with the heat since I moved here. Next place, AC in a shed will be the plan. Im not sure which is better, window unit or a freestanding AC umit. This plant was under the 600W light, but now just the 150. I sure fried those poor pistils, dangit.

I don't know the strain of this plant, the description says mix of Sativa and Indica for beginners to grow. This is one plant of 2 that grew from $250 of seeds from Canada. I got screwed. Nothing else would germinate. Just what I needed, old dead seeds. :-(

If it is better for this little gal to return to veg and grow, it won't be a problem, as long as she'd ready to harvest by October. Two of these plants have to go outside, out of space!

Thanks for the help?

Back
Top Bottom