Can anyone help sex my two plants? Preflower

Too early for me to make a guess. :goodluck:

Congratulations, it's a girl... :thumb:

The elongated shape gives her away. Continue watching her to be sure and watch for possible male preflowers... I'm fighting a hermie at the moment and she's now a shehe.

Thanks for the (hopefully) good news. Could you clarify which one is a girl? The 2 images are 2 different plants. :)

They are not big enough yet to tell. Its always better to wait for stigmas then to just guess its a female. Ive seen that shape plenty go both ways.

Until it has to distinct white hairs its a guess.

And then still watch for hermies.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They are not big enough yet to tell. Its always better to wait for stigmas then to just guess its a female. Ive seen that shape plenty go both ways.

Until it has to distinct white hairs its a guess.

And then still watch for hermies.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think by Stigmas, you really mean Pistils?

Left one is the top image, right is the bottom image.

I'll wait and see in a few days how they develop :)

Some healthy looking plants right there! Good job man!

Is this your first grow? Do you happen to have a journal going?

Some healthy looking plants right there! Good job man!

Is this your first grow? Do you happen to have a journal going?

Thanks! It is my first grow. from bag seeds so I have no idea what they are :) I have a few pics i've taken since they were seedlings, but no journal. Theyre about 8/9 weeks I think.

do you think its a bad idea to repot them now, or after i know what sex they are?

If they are close to showing pre-flowers, I would wait. Just in case a male shows its face, you don't waste the effort. But that's just me.

Think about getting a journal going. They really aren't hard to upkeep, and they will provide a good reference for your future grows, as well as letting other growers follow a long and learn or offer advice.

:goodjob:

I realise these are quite early on, they were bloody hard to photograph!

thanks for your help.

In each picture you are showing 2 pistules (edit: proper term stipules) . In the first, they are crossed and in the second they are not. My understanding is the crossed ones only occurs in females. It does not mean female for sure yet. To early to be 100% but I'm going for female / male.

Suggest some reading on things you can use males for. They are not garbage.

In each picture you are showing 2 pistules. In the first, they are crossed and in the second they are not. My understanding is the crossed ones only occurs in females. It does not mean female for sure yet. To early to be 100% but I'm going for female / male.

Suggest some reading on things you can use males for. They are not garbage.

The green spikey "crossed and not crossed" pistil-like parts are stipules. They form on both males and females. Whether they are crossed doesn't mean anything. I have females with straight ones

Back
Top Bottom