Can anyone indentify what caused this damage to my babies?

coliostroe

O.k. i'm going to start this with some background so you guys know what was going on. I'm on my first grow in soil. I had one of my four plants (northern lights) pop up and start growing out only one side, been like that since seedling and still is. I transplanted them from the solo cups to 1 gallon pots and about a week later someone gave me some advice to use cal-mag on them and i took it and did give them the full seedling dose of cal-mag. When i transplanted i broke the roots of the one that grew funky almost in half, she slowed down for a day and then seems fine. It was a few days later i used the cal-mag. The only other nutes they got was 1/8 solution of big bloom twice in the solo cups. no other nutes around the time of the damage but cal-mag, the damage showed up 5 hours after i gave them the cal-mag. I'm thinking it was the cal-mag but maybe coincidentally timed damaged roots showing their face. I really don't know so i'm looking for some input from anyone who may know. They are still growing great and i'm way ahead of many of my peers on their first grows, this one is just throwing me for a loop. The first two are birtha the funky growing plant and the other one is the only other plant to get damage. That one was totally healthy when i added the cal-mag and i did not damage it's roots on the transplant.
11056464_10207352621956130_4016466873346035993_o.jpg

11895220_10207352622116134_6281845258248162001_o.jpg

11926482_10207352622036132_2936664188497529567_o.jpg

I finally found another person who had this problem on a youtube video, he had it through the whole grow and the plants still grew fine. Coincidentally he was growing exactly the same strain i am so i believe it's just a genetic defect that two of the plants have out of four. Also explains why no one seems to know what it is.

This happens to me when a plant starts to grow real fast. I believe its calcium + ph related.
Because each time I give them calmag and correct the ph, the problem stops. Maybe its only the ph and calcium is not necessary. Im not so sure about my diagnosis but it helped me in past.

That was the conclusion i eventually came too also, got em flushed and figured out where the problem was. They look pretty good today.

Back
Top Bottom