Can anyone tell me am I ready

Mrx420

My very first plant can anyone tell me is she ready yet??

Attachments

• Picture_20190123_163424-678600105.jpg
    Picture_20190123_163424-678600105.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture_20190123_090301208958255.jpg
    Picture_20190123_090301208958255.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture_20190123_1633331605382059.jpg
    Picture_20190123_1633331605382059.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 88
I'd say 75%of the plant is red hairs with very few white trics look like a mushrooms head kinda milky color do unjust Waite out 8 weeks then chop her down its MY very fisrt flower and I'm pretty excited buds loook good so far and it's getting very nicely stinky in the room

Attachments

• 20190123_090525.jpg
    20190123_090525.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 70
Not trying to be an ass Fanleaf but where do u see Amber ..lol

A loup tells the story, ya need to see the trics, she looks pretty close, so yer call either way

Shes ready now
I can see plenty of amber in the pics. Remember, she will continue to ripen for a few days after the chop too. Good job on your first plant!
Haha silly question Iknow but how do I chop it down? Branch by branch or as a plant as a whole?

I think I'll let it grow for the rest of week I was reading about this 14 hour dark 10 light suppose to hurry your plant that way anyone ever tried it

Haha silly question Iknow but how do I chop it down? Branch by branch or as a plant as a whole?
I see amber trichomes all over this picture the OP posted. They are very easy to see. I see them without even zooming. No scope needed when it's a good picture. I'm sure others can see the amber ones too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190123-182848_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190123-182848_Chrome.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 66
Depends on how you want to trim it. I like to wet trim so I take off full branches and trim them and hang for a week. Then the jar process starts.

I guess, I dont see any

But a sugar leaf can fool you , they degrade much faster than calics do

But all good

Good luck
True but when a sugar leaf is 40% amber the buds will have some amber as well. They will amber quicker but not 40% quicker. Maybe I will see if I can zoom and take a screenshot on my phone.

For me chopping is a no no. dry her slow over longer period after removing her as intact as possible . hang intact , in the dark to preserve trichromes , no trimming until snap dry on stems , then trim all the leaf off for hash ect... , the smaller sugar leaves can also be snipped out of the buds if you have the patience.( it is leaves that can give the harsh taste and affect the burn rate and temp as THEY store the chloryphil and stored nutes ect...)
This process is more time consuming initially but WILL AVOID smoking " hay" or having to try curing it to bring a taste or flavour back .
Before anyone jumps on my method , please read up on this way of drying and the logic behind it more in depth than my below summary
Once they are hung up intact , she will start to panic about not reaching seed production and begin transporting/converting any remaining goodness from her roots and leaves (Intact and active) , to send to her fruits in a desperate attempt to attract pollinators and keep her buds supple and safe from predators .This means more resin for us!!!
By the time she is snappable dry , she will have exhausted every last drop of goodness from her leaves and converted it to positive survival , no chloryphil, no nutes , no water equates to no hay and oozing terps.
Trimming is a pain in the ass period , so a little more hassle for a whole heap of oils , is a great pay off.
When you chop her stems and dry to quickly , you trap chloryphil and other mobile elements , leading to harshness and terp damping down. just sayin....( drops the Mike!!!!.... heehee

When you chop, trim dry and cure correctly the chlorophyll is taken care of. Hanging whole in the dark until stem snap is not the only way to be sure the chlorophyll is taken care of and your weed dont smell like hay. You just have to keep the process slow via environment. My weed looks fresh after a month and will stink the house up when a zip gets opened. The key is to have the initial dry slow enough.

I hang trimmed whole branches for a week in a 58-60 degree room. That slows the dry process perfectly. No need to fight leafs that suck down do the bud for me. Been there, not for me
i hear you bud. it is a pain to trim once dried but for me ,feels a sure fire way to avoid making hay.

i hear you bud. it is a pain to trim once dried but for me ,feels a sure fire way to avoid making hay.

For having tested a lot of drying methods my favorite has become brown paper bag and wet trim if I want it fast. But dry trimmings is in my case so good as well cause when the plant is put to dry for the perfect amount of time, then leaves become crispy and are so easy to remove even without scissors. Flowers take longer to dry so you can even slide your hand through a branch to remove the fan leaves without affecting the buds. This works even more if buds are well shaped. Just my 2 cent.

Appart from that regarding the pics I still see some white hairs showing for me that even if there are ambers, the buds are still not fully matured. Just my 2 cent again so I would wait a couple of days.

I have been looking to see the amber tric i thought I seen one but the rest still look kinda clear to me I true to.tske better pics

Attachments

• 20190124_103055.jpg
    20190124_103055.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20190124_103040.jpg
    20190124_103040.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom