Can anyone tell what on earth is going on with these plants?

johnrinson

420 Member
I planted feminised autoflowers about 8-weeks ago. Normally my auto-flowers stop growing and start budding after about 4-weeks. However this time, 8-weeks in they're still growing (now right up in to my lights, which they never normally do) and no sign of any buds. Plus the leaves are going very thin and strange looking. I'm wondering if maybe these are actually males? Or maybe not autoflowers at all (I've just tried switching to a 12/12 light schedule today to see if that triggers any buds). Does anyone have any ideas what's going on with them - see pics below! Thanks! These are very different to any "autoflower" plants I've had before.

IMG_6855.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg

IMG_6853.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg

Just my opinion but I think you got photoperiods there. As you are aware, autos start flower ~4 weeks. I would continue to maintain your 12/12 as you have started due to lack of head room, and I would also contact the vendor and alert them to their mistake.

Just my opinion but I think you got photoperiods there. As you are aware, autos start flower ~4 weeks. I would continue to maintain your 12/12 as you have started due to lack of head room, and I would also contact the vendor and alert them to their mistake.
Yep.

I have heard of people ordering the 'auto-flowering' seeds then they looked at their order a day later and noticed that they accidentally ordered 'photo-period' seeds of the same strain.

The nodes look like they are still opposite each other so maybe the plants are not sexually mature yet. Just in case the plants are ready and do start to flower in a week or so the best thing is to be ready for practicing some major "super-cropping".

Is the first pic an optical illusion, or are the fan fingers smooth?
EDIT: The plant in the front on left.
I had noticed that and figured those are dead leaves which sometimes curl and twist up like that.

It would really help if the purple grow lights were turned off for a couple of minutes while the photographs are taken in white or natural light. Maye use the regular light from a ceiling light or lamp and the camera flash. The purple light makes all the leaves look purple and not the actual colors.

I planted feminised autoflowers about 8-weeks ago. Normally my auto-flowers stop growing and start budding after about 4-weeks. However this time, 8-weeks in they're still growing (now right up in to my lights, which they never normally do) and no sign of any buds. Plus the leaves are going very thin and strange looking. I'm wondering if maybe these are actually males? Or maybe not autoflowers at all (I've just tried switching to a 12/12 light schedule today to see if that triggers any buds). Does anyone have any ideas what's going on with them - see pics below! Thanks! These are very different to any "autoflower" plants I've had before.

IMG_6855.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg

IMG_6853.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg
Hello @johnrinson sorry about your issues.
You have a couple issues going on I'm afraid.
We are going to need all the parameters of your grow and setup to help.
Medium?
Nutrients?
Ph?
Rh?
Light?
Airflow?
Feed schedule or what your feeding?
Ppm's
Etc..... anything you can tell us to help.
Try and get a couple natural light pics,blurple is no good.
Turn off lights use a flash.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom