Can anyone who has used cannabis for cancer tell me

Nixie

...whether you get any sort of reaction that you can feel from the site of the tumours. I have found that I can get an aching sensation and actually some bloating in the part of the abdomen which would still be full of active cancer; this is with my first weak but THC dominant oil. I have never had this from CBD oil.

I have chosen to regard this as a good thing, hoping that it is a sign of something positive happening - but I'd be interested to know what you all think.

@SweetSue

I can't say for I'm not educated enough, but I linked Sue, who would know or know of people to probably ask.

There it is again. I don't think it is co-incidental

Hoping that this is a good sign of cannabinoid activity!

Orally for now, as I have a lot of very weak oil; I can take a couple of tablespoonfuls whereas I would struggle to fit in enough biobombs.

I don't mind the aching, as long as it is (as I would hope) an indication that something positive is going on. Just wondered if anyone else had had anything like that happen.

It isn't like nausea; it is more like a muscular ache around the top of my midriff.

I don't know the answer to this but it restimulated a bunch of questions I would love to have answered by someone who is qualified to do so. For example:

How much 'autonomy' can a cancerous tumor have? Can it 'defend itself' by raising its temperature and other signs of inflammation? The mucus that keeps appearing around my vocal cords tumor -- is it my body protecting itself from the cancer by 'containing' it? Or is it the cancer protecting itself from the organism's attempts to bring it into line? And so on...

And one that I should be able to answer after spending all that time on this site -- but still can't:

Is the action of cannabinoids on a cancer cell of the nature of a 'threat' or 'attack' that the cell would react against, or is it the kind of 'gentle' action that would realign it with healthy cells without eliciting a defense mechanism?

Sorry for all the quotes. I just don't know how literally or how metaphorically these words should be taken.

Anybody who can bring some light... thanks.

...whether you get any sort of reaction that you can feel from the site of the tumours. I have found that I can get an aching sensation and actually some bloating in the part of the abdomen which would still be full of active cancer; this is with my first weak but THC dominant oil. I have never had this from CBD oil.

I have chosen to regard this as a good thing, hoping that it is a sign of something positive happening - but I'd be interested to know what you all think.
I'm so glad you asked. I was actually searching for the same answer, cervical cancer, im taking CCO both ways, orally and as suppository, the pain got better , but then it changed and made me super worried. Now im wondering if it hurts when cancer kills itself.
I'll have test results in 12 days, so I should know my answer. Hope it helps !

Hi Crash Helmet - you should have some answers now - hopefully good ones? - how is it going?

I'm by no means an authority, but I may be able to shed some light on the questions you raise Nixie.

The cannabinoids signal. What they signal is dependant on why they were needed in the first place. If the system is too excited, cannabinoids will be produced to close the calcium channels and the neurotransmitters responsible for revving up the system stop being dumped.

That's the way I think of the cannabinoids. The cell's vibration is off, for one reason or another, and the cannabinoids activate receptors that somehow change the vibration back to a homeostatic tone. If the cell is too badly damaged - say a cancer cell - then cannabinoids, and THC in particular, can signal apoptosis and the cell commits suicide.

You just started using THC Nixie, and that means there's likely more apoptosis going on. That creates a backlog of waste products that now have to be washed out of the body. Sometimes the systems in place to do the housecleaning get backed up and that causes pain. It's called herxing.

That may be what you're dealing with at the moment. Has it begun to ease any? Eventually the body catches up.

It's believed CBD cuts off the blood supply to cancerous cells, another way to get them to die off. It's not as dramatic as THC-induced apoptosis, and doesn't create as much waste products to be eliminated in such a short time.

I'm by no means an authority, but I may be able to shed some light on the questions you raise Nixie.

The cannabinoids signal. What they signal is dependant on why they were needed in the first place. If the system is too excited, cannabinoids will be produced to close the calcium channels and the neurotransmitters responsible for revving up the system stop being dumped.

That's the way I think of the cannabinoids. The cell's vibration is off, for one reason or another, and the cannabinoids activate receptors that somehow change the vibration back to a homeostatic tone. If the cell is too badly damaged - say a cancer cell - then cannabinoids, and THC in particular, can signal apoptosis and the cell commits suicide.

You just started using THC Nixie, and that means there's likely more apoptosis going on. That creates a backlog of waste products that now have to be washed out of the body. Sometimes the systems in place to do the housecleaning get backed up and that causes pain. It's called herxing.

That may be what you're dealing with at the moment. Has it begun to ease any? Eventually the body catches up.

It's believed CBD cuts off the blood supply to cancerous cells, another way to get them to die off. It's not as dramatic as THC-induced apoptosis, and doesn't create as much waste products to be eliminated in such a short time.

Holy crap that's interesting. That's one mighty fine noggin full of information you got there @SweetSue. So with CBD and THC attacking cancer cells does this effect still occur when plain ol' smoking the stuff? It wouldn't be as effective and there's all the issues of smoking but would it still have some protective abilities? Or does it really only work when you refine it for pill or cream or whatever form?

Holy crap that's interesting. That's one mighty fine noggin full of information you got there @SweetSue. So with CBD and THC attacking cancer cells does this effect still occur when plain ol' smoking the stuff? It wouldn't be as effective and there's all the issues of smoking but would it still have some protective abilities? Or does it really only work when you refine it for pill or cream or whatever form?

It’s been proven that smoking cannabis can have a protective effect for cigarette smokers, and cannabis smokers rarely, if at all, get lung cancer. The nature of cannabinoids is to signal healing where needed.

If you have lung cancer it’d be recommended you vape, to spare your lungs the harshness of a joint, and it’d also be suggested you use some edible form of administration and/or suppositories.

If you have cancer of any kind you likely won’t get enough cannabinoids with smoking to make the healing you’re looking for happen.

It’s been proven that smoking cannabis can have a protective effect for cigarette smokers, and cannabis smokers rarely, if at all, get lung cancer. The nature of cannabinoids is to signal healing where needed.

If you have lung cancer it’d be recommended you vape, to spare your lungs the harshness of a joint, and it’d also be suggested you use some edible form of administration and/or suppositories.

If you have cancer of any kind you likely won’t get enough cannabinoids with smoking to make the healing you’re looking for happen.

I don't have cancer to my knowledge which is why I asked. I used to smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish but I also smoke a crapload of weed so I'm wondering if all the weed I smoked over the years atleast somewhat protected me from the damage from the smokes and booze.

Hi all, It sounds like u need a cancer survivor story well here goes, July 4 2017 at 10:30 pm I had a double over in my gut pain, wow it hurt. My wife took me to the emergency room,to make a long story short I had a tumor in my lower intestine,it was removed and the two ends were reconnected after the growth was removed and biopsed it was reviled I had stomach cancer thru out my gut.GASP, the doc told me if I dident start cemo,I would have 8 mounths to live. Not much of a option,so I decided to go for it. Six mounths of cemo,it was horrible to say the least. All the while thay were trying to give me as much pain meds as I want.i refused and opted for RSO instead, takeing a crash corse inhow to make it. needless to say I made it thru and am cured? I still have to have a pet scan every six mounths just to make sure it’s still gone. I am cautious when using the word cured,the word hope seems more appropriate. Good luck to anyone who goes down this path, your going to need it !!! Lol

Hi all, It sounds like u need a cancer survivor story well here goes, July 4 2017 at 10:30 pm I had a double over in my gut pain, wow it hurt. My wife took me to the emergency room,to make a long story short I had a tumor in my lower intestine,it was removed and the two ends were reconnected after the growth was removed and biopsed it was reviled I had stomach cancer thru out my gut.GASP, the doc told me if I dident start cemo,I would have 8 mounths to live. Not much of a option,so I decided to go for it. Six mounths of cemo,it was horrible to say the least. All the while thay were trying to give me as much pain meds as I want.i refused and opted for RSO instead, takeing a crash corse inhow to make it. needless to say I made it thru and am cured? I still have to have a pet scan every six mounths just to make sure it’s still gone. I am cautious when using the word cured,the word hope seems more appropriate. Good luck to anyone who goes down this path, your going to need it !!! Lol
I was diagnosed with Stage3B Colon Cancer and went through the nasty ass chemo as well, wasn't a great time in my life either! They removed half my Colon, an orange sized tumor, and 40 local lymph nodes; wish I could have the 36 good ones back! I've been Cancer free for 6 months now. The Oncologist, nurses... couldn't believe how well I was looking and doing through Chemo! Here's what helped me in addition to the chemo; Pomegranate juice, strawberries, kiwi fruit, blueberries, pineapple chunks and yes, CBD oil along with Medical marijuana that had both THC and CBD in it. At this point I wish I would have turned down the Chemotherapy, chemo in 2 years can damage your kidneys, liver or spleen; all of which you need to live! The 5 year survival rates for some cancers are pretty shitty as well. I'm not going to compare myself to the survival rates... we all have different body chemistry... if you have Cancer, do your research before you seek treatment, there are many successful options. God Bless to all those still suffering, stay strong and educated. Thanks 420, what a great resource!

Back
Top Bottom