Can Blacklights Be Used For Growing?

One of my friends use to grow Purple Haze he never let me see the grow room or anything but had killer stuff he said he used black lights too said he wasnt sure about if it helped th quality but that it did seem to help the color and it did seem more purple then some that he didnt use on it but could of been just luck or something.

I think they are usless but may help purple haze look more purple not sure though lol

ok now im confused another one my RL friends say when they did grow they used black lights. so has anyone actualy tried growing with them or would anyone know what the color chart would be for black lights?

ok now im confused another one my RL friends say when they did grow they used black lights. so has anyone actualy tried growing with them or would anyone know what the color chart would be for black lights?

12000K - Yuck.

Your friend may have added some black lights. Doing so probably wouldn't actually have hurt anything lol. But it would have added nothing useful.

black lights not useful? hm well isnt thc to cannabis as sunblock is to humans? the reason weed forms thc is to protet it from uvb. so if u blast it with ub everynow n them wont more crystals grow?

Ok, so everyones agreed that black lights are keek, right?

So what about Glow Sticks, the type i used to use when i was a raver baby! Im sre someones used em before, i was thinking about getting 20,000 of them for each tent an ounce of premium green and do my big box small box dance with my girls lol. Oh snap!! If i add a black light i might get flashbacks from the 90s.
Maybe i shouldnt ave done that :bong:

HI guys

# One room or container which would need to be at least 5 feet wide x 10 feet long and 5 feet high. (The attic or cellar maybe). If your using metric and you don't know how long a foot is, try using the thing on the end of your leg for measuring purposes. Anyway its only approx. This place would be better if you lined it with polystyrene or painted it white to reflect the light.

# A place to grow marijuana your cuttings where a light can be on 24 hours a day. Or use daylight hours and put your light on over your cuttings as it goes dark.

# At least one 400 watt lamp. Two would be better. In fact any amount of lamps depending on the size of your operation. Don't go higher than 1000 watts, as if you're not there to look after your plants they could very easily dry out. So anyway, one lamp will do for about 15 plants, 2 lamps 30 plants. Metal Halide or High pressure sodium are best.
https://www.sommeilpaisible.com/

Black Lights can be used to simulate dark hours, so you can flower 24/7. All you have to do is run a standard light(HPS,MH,CFL,full spectrum LED, or Blue LED) for 6 1/2 hours and then run a incandesent black light and a 660NM LED and have them change back and forth at 1/2 hour periods for the other 17 1/2 hours. Its called P.A.D lighting. I have never done this my self but there are other LED growers who have and in theory its suppose to increase yield/potentcy. Heres a link with all of the info in much greater detail.

Yes and no, i started out a young chronic plant this year under a black light for about a week before you got severe uv burn so under normal lighting it cannot be used, but once it healed and the new leafs came in they came in not green but purple with crystals down the stems enough so even the fan leafs have crystals down it, i am currently budding the chronic plant and have it under 30 minutes of uv light per day, and will update when she is done flowering, in other words if you try to grow it only under black light you will burn your plant to death so DON'T aTTEMPT TO GROW UNDER a BLaCK LIGHT good luck to anyone who wants to try because yes so far has increased the resin 10 fold

i heard that you put hids for 2 weeks during flowering then during the day time of the plant you turn of the hids and use the blacklight to shock them for a couple of days then turn the hids on and do that a cupple of times and it will come out perfect....but that is what i heard that is why im here to find out if he is right....:smokin:

So im kinda new at this(disregard the username, 420mag gave it to my when i forgot my password) I mean ive experimented and came back with pretty good results so im looking to get a little more serious. My question is can i use a night heat bulb as a heat source for my little buddies? It emits a sort of black light type of effect and i am not sure if it would harm them. I would greatly appreciate any type of feedback.

So im kinda new at this(disregard the username, 420mag gave it to my when i forgot my password)

Well as far as humor goes it's harmless and probably a lot kinder than our national average lol. Probably won't forget your password again too.

I mean ive experimented and came back with pretty good results so im looking to get a little more serious. My question is can i use a night heat bulb as a heat source for my little buddies? It emits a sort of black light type of effect and i am not sure if it would harm them. I would greatly appreciate any type of feedback.

Are they in flower? If so I would wonder if it would mess up it. I just don't know what spectrum those things illumination runs in and offhand not what wavelengths and exactly how much would interfere with the dark period.

Might want to think about a way to hide the light but be careful not to block it in such a way that it becomes a fire hazard. I've heard those oil-filled electric heaters are gentle heat (no high heat being blown on your plants with a stron gfan or anything). That might be a better alternative if you can swing one. Guess they are not going to be onsale this time of year but you never know.

Speaking of experimenting might be that in a while you'll find out and can explain whether or not it caused problems to us.

Either way, good luck and hope everything goes great in your grow!

Thanks TorturedSoul i will look into these options. They are actually still germinating, but i dont want to have a cold closet for the seedlings so im lookin for a quick fix.

Back
Top Bottom