Can cannabis grow in sand?

soloz

Hi
It's not an easy thing here where I live to get soil and fertilizers, even seeds are impossible to buy!
that's why the lack of utilities, anyway, Is there a chance of living for a seed that been planted in yellow sands!?
if so, would you please share some ideas if there any to improve this sand NATURALLY
thanks

Plants need soil, not 'sand' you'd be better off using even garden soil than sand, if I may ask what country are you from? You can get potting soil at a basic groccery store at most places in the world, also are you growing indoor vs outdoor and did you germinate the seed first before dropping it in the sand (if you already did)

I am from Egypt, I think I will have then to go to the big river we have, and bring some if I can! no soil in grocery's I've asked, and yeah two babies are germinating now, have been in the water for 10 hours now, once they sink i will make the napkin thing... thanks for ur reply bytheway )

I think they would grow just fine in sand. But it would be best suited as a type of hydroponic growing. That requires some things you probably don't have access to such as good bottled nutrients and a ph meter. The other option is to use your sand as part of an organic soil mix- so that is a different thing altogether than 'growing in sand'

I think they would grow just fine in sand. But it would be best suited as a type of hydroponic growing. That requires some things you probably don't have access to such as good bottled nutrients and a ph meter. The other option is to use your sand as part of an organic soil mix- so that is a different thing altogether than 'growing in sand'
Yeah exactly, I don't think it'll grow nicely if it all in just sand, however mixed with some soil it should, even if the soil has no nutes, it'll grow, in nature some places cannabis grows has no natural nutrients or anything like that and it can grow fine, of course with nutrients or fertiliser it'll grow better, but decent soil is really important if you're growing in a medium rather than hydroponics or aquaponics. In my country cannabis grows naturally all over, on the way to vacation once I found a plant growing on the side of a petrol station where we stopped to full up. The very first time I smoked weed is a plant I found growing by a river bank while taking my dog for a walk, I wish I knew what strain it was or that it had seeds, if had a delicious liqurish type taste, the seeds weren't fully mature they where still green but that tiny bit of bud gave me a nice buzz.

Back
Top Bottom