can hydro res be left 2 run 2 weeks without adjusting?

I have recently started using a wilma system, this is a drip irrigation system with a res under the pots and a re-circulating cycle. I know that the ph and ec must be checked and adjusted regularly with a res change every 7-10days. However my dilema is this: I am going on holiday for 2 weeks so i will not be around to look after my girls. The plants are potted 3days ago in clay pebbles and were nicely rooted clones from my aero cloner. Does any one think they would be dead by the time i come back if i mix a veg feed, ph it and leave it running the 2 weeks til i get back. I understand the ph and ec will change but i am asking if it is possible to do until i return when i will fully clean, change and correct any damage. To start i am using Canna Aqua vega A+B as my base nutrient, voodoo juice, tarantula and root excelurator for my root stimulants and a touch of superthrive to ease the stress of transplanting. it is a 16 pot wilma system, with 2 airstones in the res and is using fast flow arrow drippers which come on 4 times per day at 4 hour intervals for 5 mins.

Thanks.

Re: can hydro res be left 2 run 2 weeks without adjusting???

I'm not an expert on hydro, but i would say no. 2weeks is pushing it. You may have irreparable damage by the time you are back.

So I have been working on this for some time... and I've learned a few things.

First is that ANY STRESS SLOWS THE PLANTS AND HARMS PRODUCTION.

But sometimes life happens and everyone including the plants are gonna just hafta deal.

You wanna keep everything as stable as possible.

The more solution you have for a plant (ie; the bigger the rez) the longer it lasts, and remains stable in ph and ppm

The less light, the less production the less the plant consumes nutes and water.

The less light, the less heat, less evaporation.

A weaker solution stays stable longer than a strong one.

Protect your rez(s) from light and keep em closed to keep them as stable as possible, air stones for ariation (sp?) are awesome.

I know that with my set up and rez's I can cut 2 thirds of the light, make half strength nutes, and just make 2 weeks.

Its not what i want to do, but like I said life happens.

The big problem is no ones there to take care of the little shit that pops up. like 2 exceptionally hot days in a row and a bunch of your water vapes away, now you wont make it 2 weeks. Or equipment issues like a tube getting clogged and 1 plant gets nothing for a week and a half.

Do to your room like you'd do to your car before a big trip, make sure everything is good and clean, think about how long you go now before having to add water/solution to keep tanks full.

Good luck.

Hey headman thanks. Trouble is ive already pulled them as i thought it easier to put a load of cuttings in the aero cloner with airstones and that should be just about ok wen im back with roots. to start fresh. its not how i'd normally do it but needs must. I love growing but i love trips abroad more ;););)

Can you rig a float valve to your res and add an additional water supply (5-10 gallons should do)? If so, set your nutes at 3/4 strength and the water will gradually dilute the solution over time thus reducing shock. FLUSH and FILL as soon as you get back.
Just my $0.02

Back
Top Bottom