Can I add more nutes after pH?

shaunr97

So I made a large sprayer of weak water with nutes but now my plants are stronger I could make the water nutes stronger however it’s been left there for a week or so now

I’m using General hydroponic trio

You can, but then you'd need to recheck & re-adjust your pH.

GH recommends mixing your nutrient solution not more than seven days in advance. The value of the nutrients in a sprayer is only pennies. Why take the chance?

I mix one, ten, and eighteen liter batches. One liter for seedlings / early veg lasts from seven down to two days. Ten liters from early veg to late veg last for seven down to two and a half days. Eighteen liter batches take me from there to harvest, lasting between four and four and a half days. This is for four plants in a 2' x 4' tent.

I check the TDS (PPM) of my source water (RO) monthly to check the RO's membrane. I never check the TDS (PPM) of my nutrient solution, as I run coco/perlite in a drain to waste hydroponics system. I check and adjust the pH of my nutrient mixture, only as the last step of preparation. I keep it at 5.8 until the flip to 12/12 lighting. For the stretch of about three weeks, I keep it at 6.0. During flowering until the flush I set it to 6.2. During the flush, I go back down to 5.8 to prepare the coco/perlite for my next grow. My flush is 18l of 100% Flora Kleen, follow by 18l of 50% Flora Kleen, and then 18l of pH adjusted water. The flush is at the same watering rate as flowering, or about 500ml ( 2 cups) twice per day per plant.

I mix one, ten, and eighteen liter batches. One liter for seedlings / early veg lasts from seven down to two days. Ten liters from early veg to late veg last for seven down to two and a half days. Eighteen liter batches take me from there to harvest, lasting between four and four and a half days. This is for four plants in a 2' x 4' tent.

I check the TDS (PPM) of my source water (RO) monthly to check the RO's membrane. I never check the TDS (PPM) of my nutrient solution, as I run coco/perlite in a drain to waste hydroponics system. I check and adjust the pH of my nutrient mixture, only as the last step of preparation. I keep it at 5.8 until the flip to 12/12 lighting. For the stretch of about three weeks, I keep it at 6.0. During flowering until the flush I set it to 6.2. During the flush, I go back down to 5.8 to prepare the coco/perlite for my next grow. My flush is 18l of 100% Flora Kleen, follow by 18l of 50% Flora Kleen, and then 18l of pH adjusted water. The flush is at the same watering rate as flowering, or about 500ml ( 2 cups) twice per day per plant.

Do you have got to educate me on why you up ur ph when in flower, is this so ur plants get more of the needed nutrients from the medium/nutrient solution? Also what do u mean by same rate as flowering? I should water my plants daily during flower? I just water when the pot feels light and the soil looks dry to be honest

I grow in coco/perlite, a drain to waste hydroponics system. I water seedlings daily, but go to twice a day when I get to the veg stage. The difference in pH levels corresponds to the nutrient uptake for the plants at various stages of growth.

Do you have got to educate me on why you up ur ph when in flower, is this so ur plants get more of the needed nutrients from the medium/nutrient solution? Also what do u mean by same rate as flowering? I should water my plants daily during flower? I just water when the pot feels light and the soil looks dry to be honest
The ph at the roots zone rises naturally during veg and drops naturally during bloom mate. To do with root secretions I'd guess. Anyway, by going low end for veg and high end for bloom you keep the ph of the media within range at all times. Assuming your feeding correct doses and amounts anyway.

Well at the moment I probably feed every 3 days cause the pots still feels heavy, I never put any perlite in too start with, I will be when I move to my final 5 gal fabric pot.

The ph at the roots zone rises naturally during veg and drops naturally during bloom mate. To do with root secretions I'd guess. Anyway, by going low end for veg and high end for bloom you keep the ph of the media within range at all times. Assuming your feeding correct doses and amounts anyway.

So what should my ph be at seedling, veg and flowering for a soil medium drain to waste I am currently doing 6.5ish

So what should my ph be at seedling, veg and flowering for a soil medium drain to waste I am currently doing 6.5ish
I've absolutely no idea mate I'm a hydro grower. That s why I never gave the specifics lol. Yours is around 7 but need to get a soil grower to inform you.

Back
Top Bottom