Can I attach acoustic ducting to normal ducting?

grino21

Hi I'm doin my first grow I've got everything setup and my exhaust ducting is really loud.
I was planning on getting about 3metre of acoustic 6" ducting and attaching it to my 6" exhaust ducting but wasn't sure if it would fit?

If anyone can help, thanks.

You should be able to attach the duct straight to the fan. If not then you need to get a collar to connect both ducts together. Do you have a variable speed controller? If you do it could be the speed controller makingall that noise.

Variable speed controller made all the difference in my area. Otherwise my fan sounds like a jet preparing for take-off lol

I've got it as filter - duct - fan - duct goin from inside to outside the tent I was just goin to add some acoustic ducting or 6" plastic pipe to the end of the exhaust ducting to silence the noise abit. Would this work and which would work best ?

The actual noise is coming from the ducting right at the end of the exhaust I've heard about those mufflers aswell but not sure

I have a grow room where the exhaust noise was loud, what did was attach 8inch ducting to fan about 2mtrs long, and blocked the end, then punched holes along duct, then placed this ducting inside 10inch ducting about 3 mtrs long, attached to fan and wall spigot and bingo, reduced noise by 50% if not more, its like acoustic ducting the air from the smaller ducting gets pushed into the larger ducting and muffles the noise, it works !!
try this first cheaper than a muffler!

I was getting a lot of vibration noise from my fan which was annoying but not a really issue, what ive ended up doing is making it a hammock out of an old bicycle innertube now there is no fan vibration noise

thanks guys I ended up sticking a roll of carpet around the end of exhaust ducting. The main reason was so my neighbours didn't hear it on a night but it's been over 2 months an they haven't said anything:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom