Can I chop this plant?

bobj

I have a plant that's growing down and away from the rest of the plant, I feel like it's pulling the rest of the plant down with it.

I don't even think this part of the plant is getting light, it feels like it's mostly anchoring the plant down with it's weight as the plant grows bigger.

This WAS the very top of my plant before doing LST. It grew much faster than the other two, hence the reason it grew out the way it did. But (hopefully) as you can see, it's growing in an awkward area not getting much light and from what I can see, a hindrance to the rest of the plants development.

IMG_0530.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

@bobj , nice seeing your post. I'm at lost for giving knowledgeable advise to your question or puzzlement, having said that, if it were mine and I thought there was a problem, I would not hesitate to eliminate it by removing as much of the stem as I could from the main plant and just for the fun of it, put some root starter on the bottom inch of stem and put that baby into a pot of planting soil.
My main concern is the mother and her healthily shoots.
Good luck and I'll be lurking for others to chime in with more knowledge then I have.

Hi Bobj - It's a bit of a toss-up

If you leave it on, it'll probably stretch up before flower and there will be a cola there
If you take it off, you will improve air flow and the energy that would have been given to that branch will be diverted to the remaining colas so I don't think you'll lose out on yield much, if at all
I never worry about yield, keeping the grow room in order is more important to me

Can you get a wider-angled pic? I'm not sure that I'm correctly seeing what you describe.

Back
Top Bottom