Can I Clone From A Flowering Plant?

Hello, I am here to help. The answer to your question is yes. Yes you can clone a flowering marijuana plant. In fact it is a technique that is tried, tested & true. It even has a name. Very accurately coined, I might add. This technique is called "Monster Cropping!" Oh and don't let anybody convince you that there is a specific time that is ideal in the flowering stage to do it, because there isn't. We have an entire community here in the beautiful interior of B.C., who have spent countless hours over decades, to find the best ways to increase yield. The time it takes to revert your "Soon to be massive bush!" varies depending on how good you are to her as she reverts. Not because of whatever week in flowering you cut her from her momma. It is very true that she will spend a lot more time to get back to veg compared to a clone cut from a plant still in the vegetative stage of growth. Some outspoken egotistical, megalomaniacal, individuals in our community might try to get on their soap box and start dictating previously disproven, regurgitated, incorrect, misguiding information about week 3 or 4 of flowering to be the "Ideal" time to do your "Monser Cropping." But that is because they are just repeating second hand information that, like I stated, has been previously disproven. They have obviously not taken the time to research first hand, through growing and that is a shame. Read up, do the knowledge and grow in peace young student.

Sorry. I just noticed that I wasn't very clear about what happens as an end result with "Monster Cropping" to those who may have never heard of it before. (You poor,unfortunate souls.) Ok! So what happens is after you cut your clone from a flowering plant is you follow all the careful steps to get those roots out. Like I said, this will take a lot longer then cloning from a plant that is still in the vegetative stage of growth. Simply because the clone from the flowering plant has to revert back to veg. Ok, yes this is shocking. Literally. But marijuana is a fu@#in' tough bitch!! She loves punishment, because watch what she does when she resets her self back on track. Have you ever heard of the old saying, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?" Over the next few weeks, your reverted little clone will explode into... ...yup, you guessed it. A MONSTER!! Try it! It rocks! Monster Cropping.

You could basically look at the little innocent clone that you cut from a flowering plant, as Bruce Banner from Marvel Comics. Then when you revert that clone, it's like punching Bruce Banner in the face... ...and making him mad. What happens next? Read the comic.

I am currently trying to get some clones from a plant that is almost ready to be harvested. I just took 3 cuttings from my Jack the Ripper that is 1 week from harvest. I was going to just drop the strain from my collection, but the last plant of it I had was was best EVER! and it sure did give me second thoughts about dropping it. if it doesn't work oh well...but man I hope it does!

I have a "Blueberry" a "Bianca" and a "Critical Kush" all taken 4 weeks into flower. They all took a long time to root - like over 2 weeks I think. All UGLY/Deformed little beast. The Critical Kush grew of it and is turning in a little bushy giant. The other 2 are pretty sickly. Going to try one more off the BB while it is still in Veg to keep the strain - It was tasty. Dumping the other now that i think about it......

WG

Update for my Jack the Ripper the plants are growing well but most definitely look deformed. Kinda like they were topped.
IMG_056928.JPG
IMG_056825.JPG

I think that I will just grow them out a little longer to take some cuttings off of them and then grow out the new cuttings.

I would :
1) harvest a great female
2) regenerate her
3) take clones during veg state , that way you know which sex you will get and maintain the strain , and avoid any complications that
could arise from taking the clones in flower stage .
NOTE ... regeneration is terrific .. it takes a little practice , but you get to start with an established root system and also
shorter time to harvest ... I have twice regenned plants 3 times ... some don't , but then i'm a little new to regen and have
to hone the process ... garce

Hello Garce. I am a commercial grower, producing with a community in the beautiful interior of British Columbia. Our product is smoked all across Western Canada. We only grow premium and charge an equal price. This is a business to us and has been so for over 30 years. I am a second-generation farmer of marijuana, as are many of my neighbors in our community and we collaborate on the latest techniques that have been perfected over the years, to produce larger percentages of THC and CBN. I really like this forum, because I can reach out to people who want to produce better for themselves. It gives me a chance to help teach people about a wonderful plant that is easy to manipulate, into producing much more potent flowers, harvested in larger yields.

That being said, I wanted to ask you some questions about what you said in, "3) take clones in veg state , that way you know which sex you will get and maintain the strain , and avoid any complications that could arise from taking the clones in flower stage ."

My first question to you is - Have you ever cut a clone from a female in her flowering stage and that clone which you cut, grew into a male plant? I already know the answer, but I want to hear yours.
Now after you've answered that one, the next question is - What do you mean by "maintain the strain"??? Do you mean maintain the strength or potency of the strain? "Maintain the strain", doesn't really make any sense to me. It's so vague.
My last question is - Why do you give advice about something you know obviously know nothing of? It's called "Monster Cropping!!"
It is an old technique. It's awesome, because it produces great results. That deformed little clone will be the best yeild you ever grew. You just need to treat her right. And believe me it will always be a "her."

You stand corrected. Class dismissed.
Next time your in Vancouver, go down to the Compassion Club, order a bag of "Grapefruit" and taste my sweetness. The strain I provide for them is always Monster Cropped!

Hello Garce. I am a commercial grower, producing with a community in the beautiful interior of British Columbia. Our product is smoked all across Western Canada. We only grow premium and charge an equal price. This is a business to us and has been so for over 30 years. I am a second-generation farmer of marijuana, as are many of my neighbors in our community and we collaborate on the latest techniques that have been perfected over the years, to produce larger percentages of THC and CBN. I really like this forum, because I can reach out to people who want to produce better for themselves. It gives me a chance to help teach people about a wonderful plant that is easy to manipulate, into producing much more potent flowers, harvested in larger yields.

That being said, I wanted to ask you some questions about what you said in, "3) take clones in veg state , that way you know which sex you will get and maintain the strain , and avoid any complications that could arise from taking the clones in flower stage ."

My first question to you is - Have you ever cut a clone from a female in her flowering stage and that clone which you cut, grew into a male plant? I already know the answer, but I want to hear yours.
Now after you've answered that one, the next question is - What do you mean by "maintain the strain"??? Do you mean maintain the strength or potency of the strain? "Maintain the strain", doesn't really make any sense to me. It's so vague.
My last question is - Why do you give advice about something you know obviously know nothing of? It's called "Monster Cropping!!"
It is an old technique. It's awesome, because it produces great results. That deformed little clone will be the best yeild you ever grew. You just need to treat her right. And believe me it will always be a "her."

You stand corrected. Class dismissed.
Next time your in Vancouver, go down to the Compassion Club, order a bag of "Grapefruit" and taste my sweetness. The strain I provide for them is always Monster Cropped!

I just looked up super cropping on 3 different sites and all describe it as HST ... pinching or injuring a
branch to stimulate extra growth .. regenning is harvesting a mature female , then putting under
20 hr light cycle and it will regrow .. thus far , this has worked better for me than cloning , which i
am very new to .. super crop a plant in veg state , then after harvest , regen it .. garce
as for the strain and sex .. regenning assures all of the attributes of the mother plant and you also
know that you have a female ... g

In all fairness, you looked up super cropping not monster cropping. Super cropping is where you break or damage the plant and it is a HST method. The term "monster cropping" I have heard a couple of times and if I am not mistaken, it refers to taking the clone in the flower state, and once that clone revegs and roots, it explodes into a monster with LOTS of branches. It is 2 different techniques, neither of which I am actually familiar with but I might just give the monster cropping a try.

Yeah! Just like you said, you looked up "Super Cropping" and I'm talking about "Monster Cropping." I am the teacher, you are the student . It is hard for you to listen with your ears when your mouth is talking.

Go4snyper and I are your friends, Garce. Sure I might give you a little bit of harassment. You know. A little bit of a hard time. But it's completely friendly. You see, we are your friends because we want you to come correct when you do the knowledge. That way you are not confused and in turn, are not confusing others. I assure you, it is no bullshit when I tell you that I've been doing this for a long time. I have grown thousands of pounds of Bud over the years. Indicas, sativas, hybrids. All kinds of strains. You name it, I've probably grown it and like I always say, I'm here to help!! If we all grow together, everything will grow nice. By the way, "Super Cropping" is an excellent technique, as well. So is "Fimming" and "Topping". "Lollypopping" is great to concentrate your bud growth, but the reason I am talking about "Monster Cropping", is simply because the title of this blogs topic is, "Can you clone from a flowering plant?" Now, have a good day Garce and thanks for the backup, Go4snyper. Though I'm pretty sure Garce would've figured it out... ...eventually.

And incidentally, if anybody has any questions for me, I am a veritable encyclopedia of marijuana growing information. Aquaponics, aeroponics, vertical grows, SOG, ScrOG. I could even teach you how to grow marijuana, using a hydroponic/layered media bed, hybrid method. This and Aquaponics are really, the only two completely organic ways to grow marijuana, using hydroponic irrigation. It requires your net pots to be lined with a coconut product, filter paper and layered with clay pebbles and topsoil. Since the top third of the root system is the part of the system that excepts nutrients the most, that is where you will put your organic nutrients. In the media bed that surrounds the top third of the root system. The bottom two thirds of the root system that grow down below the net pot, are fed 100% pure water through the hydroponic irrigation system. No hydroponic nutrients are combined with the water, via the hydroponic systems reservoir. This way you don't have inorganic, salt based, nutrients being fed to your plant. Now you don't have to worry about flushing all those salty, inorganic nutrients out of your plant, at the end of your flower stage. I always flush my plants before harvest anyway, but with this method, flushing is shorter. Aquaponics is organic as well, but the previously mentioned method is good if you are not in the mood to farm fish.

Hey, we are all friends, so don't take this the wrong way, but you came across as an a$$. I know it is harder when typing to convey messages and have people understand your tone, but when you ask direct questions and assume the person answering know nothing it tends to give poor impressions. I find for the most part the people on this site are here to help. I by no means know anywhere near everything about growing, and a lot of what I do know is common misconception but being responded to the way you responded to Garce would rub me the wrong way (mostly because I can be an argumentative a$$ as well). The "I am the teacher you are the student" holier than thou attitude will get you nothing but arguments from others on this site as well as other sites, even if you do know everything about growing and crop 100lbs a week, no one likes being talked to like that. Again, I mean no disrespect or ill will. I hope we can all still get along.

DUDE!! What is an A$$? A person who is being rude? YEAH!! That is me. I love being an A$$. You said it like it's a bad thing. So many people in this world trying to be so polite with each other. Politically correct. HA!! Now why would I go and do something like that? I love arguments, or debates. Or whatever you want to call them. Because I know what I am talking about. I AM the teacher and HE IS the student. YOU are the student as well. And I will be more than happy to teach you. It's not holier than thou. I am no better then anybody else. Being a teacher doesn't make you better. It just makes you someone who teaches. Being a student doesn't make you any less of a person than anybody else. It just means that you're learning what the teacher is teaching. When it comes to marijuana, I know a hell of a lot. But that is just because of my situation. We have a set up, where we grow large amounts of marijuana. We use these different techniques to grow bigger, faster. We grow lots of different kinds because people love variety. It's the spice of life. We try to make it more potent because it makes the product sell faster. This is why my situation makes me extremely knowledgable about all of these different factors and techniques. But it doesn't make me a better person or, as you said, "Holier than thou." When it comes to the mechanics of an internal combustion engine, I certainly wouldn't try to teach a veteran grease monkey, mechanic. Simply because, in that regard, they (the mechanic) are the teacher and I am the student. But this isn't a forum on how to fix my car's motor. It's about the plant that those grave robbers found growing from the gound, where the wise African king Solomon was buried. Have you ever met a professor and you didn't like his attitude? Though, despite his offsetting demeanor, the information in his lesson was correct, because he knew what he was talking about? No? Well, you just did. I don't care if any of the people on this forum listen to what I'm saying. Everything that I say is the truth. That is what is important. Whether you choose to listen to me or not, based on how polite I was, is not an issue I need to get past in order to succeed in, "cloning from a flowering plant." It's yours. Though just to confirm with you a point I am not going to argue. I am an A$$. Thank you for the reassurance. You were very polite.

Oh, Hell yes! When folks are watching something they learned from me, work right in front of their eyes, it's as much fun for me, watching them learn that, "HEY! It works!" For example, here's a gem. Did you know that purple bud is just a selling gimmick? It's actually not good for the plant. All marijauna is purple underneath the green or chlorophyll. At the end of every plants cycle, chlorophyll dies and the plant becomes more purple as the green is 'wiped away', so to speak. Through years of breeding, growers have trained certain strains to reveal more purple then others, strictly for the aesthetic value. A lack of nitrogen can also deplete chlorophyll, bringing out the purple. Although if you want to know a secret on how to make any marijuana strain, purpled right up. You just have to set your daytime to nighttime temperature difference or "differential", 30 degrees apart. But remember, it's just for looks.

But listen to me get off topic. That's it people. YOU CAN CLONE FROM A FLOWERING PLANT!! YOU SHOULD CLONE FROM A FLOWERING PLANT!! CLONE THE $#!T OUT OF A FLOWERING PLANT!!! It's like growing a bonsai tree. An adventure! A twisting, writhing & EXPLODING journey. An art form. And when its over your green,"not so little lady" will thank you for it, by repaying you with a "MONSTER" YEILD!!

GERONIMOOOOOOO......

Back
Top Bottom