Can I Clone From A Flowering Plant?

well for me cloning is easy, I just never tried rooting a fully mature flower I wont try again either because next time i will re-veg..then take clones

i took 4 clones from bottom of two plants (2 weeks onto flowering) today is the 18 th day in the dome,finally roots are showing.they looked like "shite" but looks like they will make it.guess the moral of the story is dont give up.:ganjamon:

Well...
Because good quality genetics aren't available at the local Quickie Mart, when I finally got some, I start the seedlings and veg about 3 or 4 weeks. Their maybe around a foot tall at that point. I then kick the lights to 12 and 12. In less than 2 weeks, with an illuminated 30x handheld microscope I am able to determine genetics. Just tonight, I mean like a few hrs ago after getting home from work, the final two has shown their colors. This grow, I started one seed of each, White Widow, Bubblegum, Big Bud and Northern Lights. The Big Bud and Northern Lights had already shown a happy sight. Tonight, WW and Bubblegum have both shown to be boys, and unfortunately, they had to be removed. Just a bit ago, I took 2 clones from the lower branches of both the Big Bud and Northern Lights and have them in a small Deep Water Culture tub. I use tap water and 1.1 ml of H&G Root Exceellerator. Within 10 days I should have roots. I do this EVERYTIME I determine gender. I'll continue to flower the donor mothers and by the time I harvest them, I'll have built a nice collection of female genetics that will be ready to go into flower. At this time, I will select the strongest looking, closest node count, ect. and keep her under T-5 to preserve the genetics. By the time They flower, well, you get the idea. In a few months, I'll try another Bubblegum. I've already down a White Widow (I got 10 seeds of each), and the White Widow rocks! This is a good one for anyone to try. It's fun growing and is better than anything any of your friends have. Now, if there is yet another way I can determine gender with any less headache I DEFINITELY want to hear it. Peace

Ok here's my story from personal experience. I took 2 clones cut at same time 1 i put straight into flower closet the other i put in veg under 24 hrs light. 1st few days the clone in the flower closet was not looking so good as a pose to the 1 in veg, after 2 weeks in flower closet the clone did not root at all but was still alive and standing pretty firm, i then put in veg closet under 24 hrs light and 2 weeks later in vegged normally. POINT BEING YOU CAN NOT CLONE A PLANT UNTIL IT HAS BEEN ROOTED(2 WEEKS VEGGING). AND IF YOU ARE ASKING IF A PLANT IS ALREADY IN FLOWER CAN YOU CLONE IT ?? THE ANSWER IS YES I DID IT WITH A DP BLUEBERRY PLANT WAS NOT ABLE TO CLONE HER WHILE VEGGING, TRIED A CLONE WHILE SHE WAS THE 1ST FEW WEEKS IN FLOWER AND TOOK A CLONE, IT FINALLY ROOTED A MONTH LATER.

stop giving people false information. you are the reason why people like me never use forums. first of all it wont screw up your yield. heres some info for you who think it will. ever hear of lollipoping your plant? the more branches you cut the bigger the cola your gona get. but dont cut more then 2/3 of your plant. cutting some branches off for clones wont bother it. i cut and re rooted 18 clones off 7 of my 4 week old budding plants. it depends how you root them. the powder i use took about 2weeks and then i put some clones in my mini clone bubbler and that took just over a week to re root. i also use cloneing gel but went with powder this time.

re rooting is as simple as putting the stem of your clone in a bowl of water and waiting.(easiest method) if you wana know more just message me

to answer jasonlee237. my clones that i took from my budding plants didnt even wilt over. and to be more specific they are white widow and bubba kush

and tariq.. If at first you don't succeed. smoke some more weed.

i just seen this post was made like a year ago

Some plants clone well and others really do not clone well. You just never know. The only risk is not trying and finding out for yourself. I think that germinating another seed is faster, but at least with a clone you know what you are getting. That is the main advantage of a clone.

:hookah:it takes like 5 to 6 weeks to root. as with any clone in flowering, root growth slows. the plant is starting to flower, and most of its energy is being used to produce flowering buds at that point.
i could have been into 5 weeks of veg with seeds.
it'll work, but if you clone during veg the clone will root alot sooner. alot sooner. like 2 weeks or less if done propery.

I've done it before. My last harvest was from a clone of a budding plant. It did take a while to grow, but the results were good.

I wouldnt do it taking a clone from a flowering plant what are you nuts that just screws it up...

and how did you come to that conclusion? ever done it? I have:lot-o-toke:

I will not do it and yes i have done it but the kind of plant i was growing went back into vegging.

some plants you can take clones from when flowering and some you cant. So be careful I got 25 years experience growing..So be careful in what you do...

lol...i stopped by here to ask the same question... i have read all of these and there are so many complete differnt answers. sounds like it depends on what kind it is and experience. if something doesnt work the first time, change it up and try again :)

have a great day!!!

I will not do it and yes i have done it but the kind of plant i was growing went back into vegging.
So you took a cutting from a flowering plant and that made the flowering donnor go into veg? thats not something ive ever seen in my 25 years growing... not saying its not possible, just never heard/read or seen that before.

I got proof..Matter in fact this plant is flowering right now and it vegged at the top of the plant weird ehhhhhhhh..Wish i could send you pictures but this dam computer wont do it....Too bad you dont live by me i am in central lower Michigan near Clare Michigan..Right now i am growing perma frost x skunk and that plant went into budding its so beautiful looking..i have other plants as well hash plant G13 Free Leonards and C99 Super silver haze Last year i grew dwarf plants what a pain in the ass lol..my cousin and i just completed a five plant graft onto one main plant and it worked after years of experimenting...

I've been curious about how the cloning of budding weed would go. BC God Bud surprised its grower by blooming early and sneakily. Since then, she has been trying to ensure future of the strain with clones off the blooming plant. Best results are from the smallest side shoots at the bottom of the plant, placed into the grooves of a piece of natural cork that is floating on a well-lit planted aquarium. Va va va voom!
The rooted cuttings go into potting soil in a clear plastic cup under fluorescents and over aquaria. The plant is watered on potting, but very seldom after, and only dribbled around the soil with a turkey baster. The humidity from the aquarium, combined with the naturally low pH and well-fertilized H2O as well as the strong light and CO2 seem to be doing the job.

I am anxious to try LED lighting.

Sayonara,
Mrylln

The other Day One of my plants was side swiped by a falling door. Week and a hafe into flowering. It was split in hafe. Well I took clones from the smashed side. Im woundering the out come of those clones. Its been 4days and there doing ok. As for the other hafe of the plant its going like nothing ever happened.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

how did that work i have a plant thats no longer in vegetation but there is a little branch that has a tiny little flower starting the form about 4 inches from the stem cud i cut it and clone it? thx for your help

Back
Top Bottom