Can I exhaust 2 tents with 1 fan?

tokeycones

currently have a 4x8 tent with 125m , have another 4x4 tent on the way but i also have a 200m/8" fan i was wondering if i could use it to exhaust both tents at the same time with a joiner of some sort?

You can but the size of your exhaust fan/ motor will need to be able to clear both tents. You goona use csrbon filter? That will reduce cfm’s. Those ate a coupla big tents to exhaust with one fan. I’d do some math and check fan specs.
yes using carbon scrubber in the later stages, all the info u ask for is in the comment above but it is a 8"

Ok so would you be able to tell me what method i use to find out how much air i need to exchange ? i know the area in meter/foot cubed

I just did some maths if length x height x width is how to get cubic footage then with both tents i have 352 cubic feet , exhaust i've ordered sais 1224 cubic meters per hour which would be 43225 foot divided by 60 to get per minute would give 720 cfm take off 30% for filter/ducting gotta be around 500cfm?

I currently run two 4*4 tents on an 8" fan. 6" duct runs with individual dampers
Each tent has its own 8" filter

Not all fans are equal. Impeller design and the motor used make a big difference. Some fans push better some pull better. Some fans can barely move air under high static pressure.

It's usually closer to a 50% reduction from advertised flow rate when adding a carbon filter. Small diameter or long duct runs or small carbon filters will all contribute to further air flow reduction.

With that much space/heat you really need somewhere to send the heat. If you dump it all back in the same room it will be difficult to cool. It's not shown in the photo so the fan would be visible but my system actually dumps into the return air trunk for the furnace. I can keep temps down to about 6°f above ambient temps with lights on. (70°f in the room 76°f in the tents)

Back
Top Bottom