Can I harvest, cure & smoke male plants I have to pull from the flowering chamber?

RVgrower

Hey every one! I am in the middle of my first harvest, and have just discovered 3 males already out of my 10 bag seed plants I am growing with regular bag seeds...
:helpsmilie:
I am really, really poor, on Soc. Sec. & Medicare, & don't even make my share of the monthly bills as it is...that's why I need to harvest ANYTHING I can in this grow for myself, anything and every thing that is smokeable or even edible! I have already harvested all the tops from the 12 plants almost a month ago, and just hung 'em upside down in my dark part of my closet where it still got airflow, and in about 5 days, I had some slightly crispy, and crumbly leaves and little tops that I put right in the jar with my smoke that I get from a local friend. Mine tasted better ands way more smoother and that's even though I had it on it's nutes & ferts and didn't have a chance to flush it out, and it STILL tasted better!!! I think that's a sign that the end result big buds are going to be tasty monsters!

SO! PLEASE, ANYONE EVER HARVEST AND CURE LITTLE MALE BUDS? (because they're still a bit young and were just in day 9 of flower when I discovered the little "footballs" down below each big top bud on these first 3, but there's only like 1 or 2 on each site, but it seems definite). Checked all the sites online today to compare, and got my buddy's 2nd opinion, and yea, we have 3 boys...SO, I need to harvest these little buds all over these boys, you know what i mean?

SO IF YOU CAN AT ALL HELP ME WITH AN IDEA, ANYTHING, OR IF YOU'VE DONE IT YOURSELF, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE BEST WAY TO DO IT, HOW MUCH LONGER TO WAIT (NO FLOWERS OR "DRIPPING SEEDS" YET, JUST SEEDS STARTING TO CLUSTER IN THE INTER-NODES AND UNDER THE LITTLE BOY BUDS). And their growth rate is going to slow way down, because I put them on water only for now, just the last 36 hrs, and it's been in the front room that long as well, because I knew to get them out of the flower closet, and had no where else to put them. We don't get any but "cool" visitors, the few we can trust.

IF I GET NO HELP FROM ANYONE, OR CAN FIND NO POSSIBLE WAY FOR ME TO DO IT ACCORDING TO SOMEONE'S "RECIPE" OR WHATEVER, I MAY JUST DO IT MYSELF IN A WEEK OR 2, I REALLY DON'T KNOW IF I SHOUL DO IT IMMEDIATELY, OR WAIT A BIT FOR MORE GROWTH..., & I HOPE I DON'T SCREW IT UP! I'LL JUST USE THE METHOD YOU ALL USUALLY USE, HANG TO DRY TO 65-70%, put into curing jars, and burp a few times a day or more, and in a week or so, when the "hygrometer in one of the jars says it's at 55-60%", it's done, right? I've been studying, and everyone has their own twist on things, but is that the general idea? Please someone tell me I got it close at least!!!I heard once you go below 55%, it's too late, it' too dry and will be hard and powdery and all dried out, and you'll lose the taste (just like the crap we have to use here...). So I want to do this right if i'm going to do it, but I AM going to do it, no matter what! Help would just be greatly appreciated!!

So, I will just start feeding these males plain Ph'd water (about 6.0) from now on until I hopefully harvest them for their leaves at least, even the little bit of bud I will get, my buddy thinks it might be worth it for me, knowing how much I need it. They are in the front room right now, and I still have 3 plants, that are a bit too young still and I have to wait to tell their sex yet, but so far, 4 confirmed female bag seeds out of 10, w/ 3 left to be determined yet, I think that's pretty darn good!

tHANKS TO ALL OF YOU HERE AT 420MAGAZINE.COM FOR CREATING THIS WONDERFUL PLACE FOR SERIOUS GROWERS AND ENTHUSIESTS! :420:

AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE HELPED ME BEFORE AND WHO MIGHT HELP ME IN THE FUTURE...SOMEDAY I WILL BE AS GOOD AS I CAN BE, & I WILL BE THE ONE GIVING BACK....I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!:peace::Namaste::bong:

Re: Can I harvest, cure & smoke male plants I have to pull from the flowering chamber

Take a snipper and cut them off at the base. Grind the whole plant up in the food processor and boil goop in water then add 6 sticks butter... The rest includes Terry cloth and some coagultpation ... Cana butter.

Re: Can I harvest, cure & smoke male plants I have to pull from the flowering chamber

7 out of 10 turned out to be female, so count your blessings! When growing from seed, you should plan on 50% being male.

As soon as I discover a male plant it gets pulled and put in the compost bin. I'm sure someone has figured out things to do with the male plants, but IMO it's not worth the effort. I would focus on the remaining girls and write the males off as "spillage". Besides, my vegetable garden benifits from the compost.

Back
Top Bottom