Can I postpone flowering using a low amount of light ?

PlanetJ

Hey all,

Perhaps a stupid question, and one I could not find an answer using the search function .. wonder why :p

Is it possible to keep plants from flowering using a very low amount of lumens ? I started 5 seeds, and realized too late that I do not have enough room for 5 mature plants in flowering .. I also did not expect them to sprout all 5.

I'm trying to figure out how to solve this problem, and came up with the idea of using one or two 45w 6500K CFL's to try and keep them in veg, while I phase-flower them 2 at a time or so ..

Is this possible or would I kill them or stress them so much that I might just as well kill them now ?

As labexperiment said. Its about duration of light. So for veg most people run a 18 hour light period followed by 6 hours of darkness. Or you can run 24hrs if you wish. When you want to flower juat switch the photo period to 12/12. Good luck

With autos no they flower when they flower no matter what you do. If not auto then just keep it in veg and keep a eye on it to not let it over grow on you.

Will I risk issues with stretch if I use just 2 CFL's on 3 plants in a makeshift tent-like structure, without reflective surface ? And while I'm at it, could such conditions be used to maintain a mother ?

Edit: They are not auto's .. I feel very reluctant trying those .. I already hate that I can only get feminized seeds .. I do not really like stuff that has been tinkered with .. but trying to get un-feminized seeds is near impossible :/

Just make walls white,that reflects light very well. You can tie down branch's and trim to keep under control

Will I risk issues with stretch if I use just 2 CFL's on 3 plants in a makeshift tent-like structure, without reflective surface ? And while I'm at it, could such conditions be used to maintain a mother ?

Edit: They are not auto's .. I feel very reluctant trying those .. I already hate that I can only get feminized seeds .. I do not really like stuff that has been tinkered with .. but trying to get un-feminized seeds is near impossible :/

why can you not buy regular seeds?? every seed bank sells seeds that are not feminized. You actually pay more for the feminized seeds....

why can you not buy regular seeds?? every seed bank sells seeds that are not feminized. You actually pay more for the feminized seeds....

I tried to find non-feminized seeds .. and did not succeed with local shops. I do not want to go it through customs, as that might kill the seeds if they x-ray it or fly it from a to b. Or at least, I'm affraid of that happening.

The local shops all sell feminized seeds .. but these where quite cheap, @ 15 euro's for 5 seeds, I wont complain too much :p

I would suggest a couple more Cfls but im no cfl grower.

If it would be normal vegging, I would agree. I'm running ~400 watts of CFL's above them now .. but I was a dumbass, and forgot I do not have room to flower 5 mature plants. So now I'm trying to think of a way to keep a few of them in veg, while flowering the rest ;)

Back
Top Bottom