Can I save my clones?

highway1965

I just finished harvesting, drying, and started curing my buds. First off this was a clone of a plant that was grown in dirt and had not such a great yield but tasted alright.

This plant over dried within 3 days and now has been curing for several day and has no smell (besides a slight hay/mildew smell... very faint) and has absolutely no taste.

I think I will have to dump the whole batch.

Problem is that I have second generation clones from this plant that I am worried will have the same lack of taste and smell.

Is there anyway to save them?

I keep the ph in check daily in my dwc systems. Have plenty of light And air movement. It is a papaya strain that was originally started from seeds.

Any ideas?

Why would it dry so quick at 65° and 35% humidity? Could that be the problem?

I am growing in hydro, not soil that's why I ph. But I don't understand why there's no taste? And if it is going to affect the clones that came from it?

Did it have a mildew smell at all? Mine is a faint smell but it definitely does not smell like marijuana. Its also kind of harsh.

I am more worried about my clones growing now. Id they are going to come out the same I am not sure if I want to put all the time and energy in it.

"This plant over dried within 3 days"

the hay smell -is the chlorophyll - the green taste, or minty smoke. you said it dried in 3 days, it dried too fast and the chlorophyll was trapped in the buds. Next time control the drying so it takes about 5 days at least - maybe the fan was too direct or you had a dehumidifier.

You can process it into hash with ice water method, that will prevent the smell from crossing.

DN

Back
Top Bottom