Can I start removing leaves?

MortalWombat

I am growing a single pre-98 bubba kush from seed, she is 2 weeks old. I just fimmed her last night and I plan on tying her down for some extensive LST after she recovers and starts showing new growth there. My question is can I remove a couple of the large fan leaves to help expose the shoots to more light? Or should I let her heal and/or wait till she gets a bit bigger before cutting on her more? :thanks:

:Namaste:

Before FIM
20160330_154850.jpg

After FIM
20160331_190758.jpg
20160331_190753.jpg

A few days ago before the LED addition...nice tight node spacing.
20160328_064806.jpg
20160328_064631.jpg
20160328_064625_HDR.jpg

She is in great health mate so removing a few leaves wont bother her 1 bit.and will help the bottom growth shoot up.good work;) u can snip the fans under the fim. Or u can cut the fans off the actual branches u have fimmed.this will.stall the middle growth as bottom growth takes over then as the side growth gets taller than middle growth. Start lst tie down the side growth and this will allow middle growth to catch up.end up with a good canopy of colas. Choice is yours;) best of luck

There are pros and cons about removing healthy fan leaves, but it makes sense to either tuck the shading/shaded fan leaves out of the way or remove those that are shading out promising branches. Tying down branches is one of the best ways to get light into the center of the plant. So you're doing good!

I'd tuck 'em, not pull 'em.

I'd tuck 'em, not pull 'em.

Seema I can only get so much light penetration with such few leaves to actually tuck under each other. I think I will either chop the two top fans under the fim and tie the others down or should I just tie her parallel with the soil?

Gonna see how she responds..i plucked 2 that were inhibiting the growth of the shoots. the rest were tucked. they were so large and healthy.. trust me it wasnt easy but im pretty sure I made the right call. Going to the nursery shortly to see how she reacted overnight.

Back
Top Bottom