Can I take a cutting from a plant in flower?

hands down fastest clones i have ever rooted were in about the first week of flower which is the transition stage where they are at about a week into the 12/12 cycle i used some organic honey to dip the rooting clone in and i just plant it in a pot put a dome over and keep it in the corner of your veg room for about 5-7 days NEVR TAKE DOME OFF SUDDENLY FOR EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME IT WILL DIE make sure you give it air about 20 mins a day maybe 3 times a day

I tried to do the same thing. I found out the hard way that you can't take a clone from a flowering plant. Even if you have the clone under 24/0. To much stress for the plant to handle. Took 8 clones, all died.
Perhaps you did something wrong..Mine was 3 weeks into flowering when I cut my clone...3 weeks later it's thriving...what type soil did you plant the clones in?

i just did it should of took it earlier . it took root and it's growing and it's flowering very small tho. it's ok ill see where it goes mama and her are at 12/12.

You can make her veg again simply by providing night interruption lighting. I use cheap low-wattage daylight spectrum LED bulbs in my veg/cloning greenhouse. I run 13w bulbs on a timer to go on for a few minutes at 12 midnight, 2am, and 4am. Works like a charm.

I'm outdoor, off-grid in Hawaii... got it dialed in with a veg house and flower house. I "archive" my genetics by cloning the clones in the veg house.

Monster Cropping Cannabis: Step-By-Step Guide
Monster cropping is a training method that allows for continuous harvests without keeping a mother plant. Clones from flowering plants become dense monsters with big yields! Read on to learn the advantages, disadvantages, and how to monster crop indoors and out.

I took 6 white widow clones from a plant 1 month into flower.They were from the lowest limbs but had tiny flower on and were slightly resinous and fragrant.Some did better than others and it took 4-6weeks to get them rooted and growing but they all turned into bushy healthy plants that are now in flower in my yard.It takes longer but they should pull through eventually.
Did you have them under 18/6 or just 24 hours of light bro

Yes, but a cutting taken while the stock plant is flowering will need to be forced to revert back to a vegetative state under 24 hour light. This causes additional stress, slowing growth and development. Rooting may take up to three times longer when the cuttings are taken during the flowering cycle. The cutting may not have enough stored nutrients or carbohydrates to survive. If you must do this then take the cutting when the mother plant is only a week or two into flowering.

Additional comment:
The above "flowering plant" is to be taken verbatim.
However, the above should not to be confused with a sexy mom who has been showing her primordia aka pre flowers while vegging, and has been kept in a vegetative state of growth for several months or years. These old mature primordia displaying moms clone just as well as a premature seedling.

Just 7 weeks ago I took 4 flowering buds of a tent with powdery mildew at 4 weeks in.

Cuttings took two weeks to root even after a spray of wettable sulphur on day 7.

I then planted my clones December 23.

Light runs 18/6 , like normal

December 26th

DD490E75-B6B2-49F7-A7FE-B1037CAECF27.jpeg
9B17C6FA-17D4-41D8-9B58-A3AEC2088558.jpeg

And then a few days ago before stating to flower again, 30 days later.

BF0D6EBC-BD0B-4899-9793-E75D57BE41D8.jpeg

I'm absolutely loving taking clones during flowering – it's like a mini victory dance for me! While I don't have a second tent, I've got just enough space to nurture a few clones, and let me tell you, it feels like winning the green lottery! 🌿💚

Now, I know some folks might be hesitant, especially if they're newbies, but trust me, it's worth a shot! While it can be a bit time-consuming and they might seem fragile, those who dare to try often end up with some jaw-dropping results. Just take a peek at the clones in my signature – Lovely to me 🌟

Sure, it might not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's totally fine too! But for me, it's been my go-to move, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome! 🌱✨

I'm absolutely loving taking clones during flowering – it's like a mini victory dance for me! While I don't have a second tent, I've got just enough space to nurture a few clones, and let me tell you, it feels like winning the green lottery! 🌿💚

Now, I know some folks might be hesitant, especially if they're newbies, but trust me, it's worth a shot! While it can be a bit time-consuming and they might seem fragile, those who dare to try often end up with some jaw-dropping results. Just take a peek at the clones in my signature – Lovely to me 🌟

Sure, it might not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's totally fine too! But for me, it's been my go-to move, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome! 🌱✨
growing one mother plant and taking clones for years seems almost like personal factory of producing endless ween in your see of green, but takes a lot of time and you really need a big space. But just one-two clones seems like great and FREE addition, just a few small branches wont hurt the plant so yea, win-win!

growing one mother plant and taking clones for years seems almost like personal factory of producing endless ween in your see of green, but takes a lot of time and you really need a big space. But just one-two clones seems like great and FREE addition, just a few small branches wont hurt the plant so yea, win-win!
Absolutely! It's true, having a new mother in the mix calls for a bit of extra room, doesn't it? 😄 With the clones, putting together your own aeroponic cloner can be done for under $25! If you've got an air pump and a container handy, you're practically all set. If you need any assistance at all, just give me a shout. I'm more than happy to lend a hand, my friend!

Absolutely! It's true, having a new mother in the mix calls for a bit of extra room, doesn't it? 😄 With the clones, putting together your own aeroponic cloner can be done for under $25! If you've got an air pump and a container handy, you're practically all set. If you need any assistance at all, just give me a shout. I'm more than happy to lend a hand, my friend!
Hello and thanx man :)
Well I was thinking about just a regular pots placed in grid under the net and filled with clones from the same momma plant, like they gonna grow the same size same speed. But an aeroponic for 25 bucks? Do you have a photo of that? Like even a photo from the internet will do I just wanna see how would that look :)

Back
Top Bottom