Can I use beneficial microbes with chem nutes?

I grow in coco with 3 part chem nutes. So no organics.

I have a product called EM Pro-Soil, which is a probiotic formula. I was told by my hydroshop that it works wonders, even with chemical grows. Thing is, with no organics in my medium, there is nothing to break down surely?

I see on the bottle it does say it can be used with hydro. Does that mean it can be used with the nutes I'm using? Do you get such a thing as an organic hydro grow??

Here is a link to a page with some info on the product I am referring to: Pro-Soil - 1Litre - Efficient Microbes

I want to flush my plants tomorrow, because I'm convinced there is a salt build up causing a lockout. I'm thinking of using this product to help clear my medium of the salts. Is my thinking correct?

My plants are in flower now, so I'm very nervous to try something I'm unsure of.

Thanks

Yes, you can use bennies (aka mycorrhizae, trichoderma, bacillus bacteria's, and enzymes) with synthetic/chem nutrients, I do it all the time in hydro with great results.

You don't flush with microbes/bennies...you want to get something like Botanicare Clearex or General Hydroponics FloraKleen to flush/leach out the salts, or you can flush with straight pH'd water (1/2 dose nutrients on last flush through), but for me the clearex or florakleen work the best.

I flush in flower as a maintenance procedure, so don't freak out it will be OK. It actually helps in flower and gives them a reset boost, they will take off after a good flush. :)

Thanks Buddro!

I appreciate your input. I feel a hell of a lot better knowing I didn't waste my money on it.

Have some reps

Back
Top Bottom