Can I use landscape mix as soil for cannabis plant?

it doesn’t feel like soil it’s more like bark and tiny chunks of it but it does look like it mixed with a bit of soil it is used to prevent weeds from growing and for mass plantings outdoors

it doesn’t feel like soil it’s more like bark and tiny chunks of it but it does look like it mixed with a bit of soil it is used to prevent weeds from growing and for mass plantings outdoors
I'd say no...we call that mulch and, as you say, it prevents things from growing. Invest in a decent bag of soil...it will make the whole grow much more enjoyable for you.

this is a brand of landscape mix i found since i can’t find the one i have online

Attachments

• 3F3812B0-4869-4F6D-9E5A-99747981900C.jpeg
    3F3812B0-4869-4F6D-9E5A-99747981900C.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 136
this is a brand of landscape mix i found since i can’t find the one i have online
That looks more like soil than mulch, so your plant should be ok. However, when it says "nutrient rich" to me that is vague...if it is time released nutrients (like Miracle Gro) it is hard to know when (and how much) the plant get nutrients.

SOM (soil organic matter) is pretty high - so it's more than mulch.

Last batch of soil I made up that I'm running plants in now had a SOM of 28.2% which is STELLAR.

Normal SOM is under 10%. So that's a good sign.

Look at the mix and put your hand in it, grab a handful and smell it.

What's it smell like?

Not sure why they are pointing to the sand content tho. Sand has a tendency to settle and has nothing for nutrients. Volcanic rock dusts are much better.

Where are you located - city will work. I can point you to the right stuff.

IF it's nursery soil tho, the nursery should be able to tell you what to use. Just tell them you need a good soil mix for container gardening. If they look at you will a blank stare, move on. That should get you some where. Every nursery around me stocks several decent options. Many make their own too.

SOM (soil organic matter) is pretty high - so it's more than mulch.

Last batch of soil I made up that I'm running plants in now had a SOM of 28.2% which is STELLAR.

Normal SOM is under 10%. So that's a good sign.

Look at the mix and put your hand in it, grab a handful and smell it.

What's it smell like?

Not sure why they are pointing to the sand content tho. Sand has a tendency to settle and has nothing for nutrients. Volcanic rock dusts are much better.

Where are you located - city will work. I can point you to the right stuff.

IF it's nursery soil tho, the nursery should be able to tell you what to use. Just tell them you need a good soil mix for container gardening. If they look at you will a blank stare, move on. That should get you some where. Every nursery around me stocks several decent options. Many make their own too.
Hi guys i have trouble with the base soil whats a good base organic soil brand i can buy in Australia please don't say dirt

Back
Top Bottom