Can I Use LED With CFL & HPS?

concretetrees

I'm currently using CFLs,about 39,000 lumens,2700k. 150w HPS lamp at 16,000 lumens,1100k.my question is can I use led,s with my set up and would it be of any help. I ordered 2, 28w led panels.can I use all 3 types of light at the same time. I always try to mix things up a little. I also have some cfl 105w,7150 lumens 5000k I though about using too.
Any advice would be helpful. I got 4 lemon kush,1white widow and 2 Afghan. I'm going to need all the light I can get!!! Lol... Thanks for all your help.

the thing with led is to get a good LED you are going to pay some $$ and there are some good ones out there, but this forum will not let you post them due to the "sponsorship" war.

Leds are great for resin production due to their spectrum (im speaking in general, not all lights are equal) but unless you have a high end one, i wouldnt switch my whole system.

But just adding light to add light, sure go ahead, at that small of a wattage it wont produce much heat, it may or may not be beneficial, you could do a side by side to compare if you had another set up.

I was looking to this as well.. Not wanting to step on anyones toes around here but Google Hybrid LED + HPS.. Hybrid systems, or using a combination of different types of lighting to achieve higher product yield is becoming more commonplace.

The more useable par light you add the better since the little 28w LED panels is designed with blue and red led's it will give you some useful Par light , however not much of it do to low LED power output. Each one of your small led's puts out a something like 1/20th of a watt which means its penetrating power is very shallow ,I estimate that the 28w panel needs to be within / under 3 inches distance to the plant tops to be useful.

I suggest you keep the panels stupid close to the plants (inches) and use reflective material to reflect the light back toward the plant , ideally you should enclose the plant in reflective material and use a fan to ventilate the heat.

Back
Top Bottom