Can I use moldy buds to make Rosin?

Phillybonker

I was going to use ethanol to extract the thc. I think the alcohol will kill any botrytis on the buds. I've got alot of moldy buds and had a real shitty harvest so I'm looking to salvage my moldy buds. What do you guys think?

I was going to use ethanol to extract the thc. I think the alcohol will kill any botrytis on the buds. I've got alot of moldy buds and had a real shitty harvest so I'm looking to salvage my moldy buds. What do you guys think?
Howdy do.
Personally, I wouldn't risk it. Yes the alcohol should kill the pathogens. But you may still have the toxins that they produce in your solution still. The only way of knowing is by lab testing..
Sorry to hear of your bad harvest mate.

Howdy do.
Personally, I wouldn't risk it. Yes the alcohol should kill the pathogens. But you may still have the toxins that they produce in your solution still. The only way of knowing is by lab testing..
Sorry to hear of your bad harvest mate.
Ah I didn't think of that. A quick Google suggests botyrtis thankfully doesn't produce mycotoxins. Interestingly botyrtis is not even harmful to humans (I just found that out now).

Ah I didn't think of that. A quick Google suggests botyrtis thankfully doesn't produce mycotoxins. Interestingly botyrtis is not even harmful to humans (I just found that out now).
I've heard that, but I still wouldn't take the chance. The only problem is, no-one knows what molds or bacteria are present on you buds mate. Yes there's the common ones but you can also get Clostridium Botulinum in some cases and that's one mother sucker of a germ you don't want

Im a health care professional and I wouldn’t do it. You can get REALLY sick my friend.

I've heard that, but I still wouldn't take the chance. The only problem is, know one knows what molds or bacteria are present on you buds mate. Yes there's the common ones but you can also get Clostridium Botulinum in some cases and that's one mother sucker of a germ you don't want.
The odds are on my side, there has only been two confirmed cases of Clostridium Botulinum in my country and both cases happened decades ago. It's looking good so far:)

Im a health care professional and I wouldn’t do it. You can get REALLY sick my friend.
According to google: Botrytis cinerea, also known as grey mold, is generally not dangerous to humans but it could cause a respiratory allergic reaction in some.

As a health care professional I wouldn't expect you to give your blessing on this idea. There is probably very few people that think it is a good idea but they probably have good quality buds to smoke while I only have mostly moldy buds.

If I have any mold/mildew on anything :thedoubletake: which has happened :ciao:...I use a gallon size 220 micron bag and dry ice to shake all the trichomes off...make sure you freeze it first, makes the process easier...and my buddy has a rosin press, we press the trichome hash (Kief) we shake out to make our rosin :thumb:

According to google: Botrytis cinerea, also known as grey mold, is generally not dangerous to humans but it could cause a respiratory allergic reaction in some.

As a health care professional I wouldn't expect you to give your blessing on this idea. There is probably very few people that think it is a good idea but they probably have good quality buds to smoke while I only have mostly moldy buds.
Good luck

If I have any mold/mildew on anything :thedoubletake: which has happened :ciao:...I use a gallon size 220 micron bag and dry ice to shake all the trichomes off...make sure you freeze it first, makes the process easier...and my buddy has a rosin press, we press the trichome hash (Kief) we shake out to make our rosin :thumb:
I'll look into this idea as well, seems just as good, if not better.

I have been smoking weed since the late 1960's ain't no telling how much mold I have smoked. I have also smoked a lot of tobacco since the early 1960's. I do have lung problems but it may have been caused from getting lead poisoning from spraying heavy duty lead based paint without proper breathing filters in 1971 while working offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, they also had plenty of asbestos out there also.

I have been smoking weed since the late 1960's ain't no telling how much mold I have smoked. I have also smoked a lot of tobacco since the early 1960's. I do have lung problems but it may have been caused from getting lead poisoning from spraying heavy duty lead based paint without proper breathing filters in 1971 while working offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, they also had plenty of asbestos out there also.
Man your lungs have taken a good beating. I'm guessing you're in your late 60's?. Yeah that has convinced me to recycle my moldy buds, I will remove the mold though with micro filters and do edibles rather than inhaling.

That's great wisdom! Thank you for sharing. I'll consider this seriously for some of my outdoor harvest. How much raw material would you start with to make it worth the time and effort?

Back
Top Bottom