Can I water my cannabis plants only once a week?

Up to you. I been growing outside for over 40 years. we hit over 110 in the shade here. I found thick mulching was the key. Never need to water more than twice a week. Sorry for disagreeing based on my personal experience.

40 years is a lot of growing experience.

It only reaches 80 where I'm at.

So you can recommend thick mulching. I also plan to use worm casting and coco coir to condition and fertilize the soil. I assume these will be okay with mulch?

40 years is a lot of growing experience.

It only reaches 80 where I'm at.

So you can recommend thick mulching. I also plan to use worm casting and coco coir to condition and fertilize the soil. I assume these will be okay with mulch?
Why coir? Peat, compost, well rotted manure would all provide nutrients and texture. Coir will tie up N as it rots.

Look for some Oyster shell flour and add in some gypsum flour as well. Its not for pH correction its for the Calcium. Short - medium and long release.

Cannabis uses a lot of Ca more so than Nitrogen. Just need to supply enough in the soil the plants do the rest.

A lot of garden limes have too much Magnesium.

Look for some Oyster shell flour and add in some gypsum flour as well. Its not for pH correction its for the Calcium. Short - medium and long release.

Cannabis uses a lot of Ca more so than Nitrogen. Just need to supply enough in the soil the plants do the rest.

A lot of garden limes have too much Magnesium.

Good information. I'll note it down. Thanks:)

And I didn't know a lot of garden lime has too much magnesium.

You could rig a water drum to feed a bucket that is set below ground level near your plants. Inside the bucket is a float valve (like in a commercial ice maker). Many holes in the bucket surrounded by gravel. The water slowly percolates into the ground over many days which should allow you to visit the site once weekly. The bucket waters the gravel and soil as needed; the drum fills the bucket (float valve) as needed. No electricity required.

I saw this last night on an episode of Homestead Rescue. Interesting idea, and they showed the garden a few weeks later and the plants were thriving!

You could rig a water drum to feed a bucket that is set below ground level near your plants. Inside the bucket is a float valve (like in a commercial ice maker). Many holes in the bucket surrounded by gravel. The water slowly percolates into the ground over many days which should allow you to visit the site once weekly. The bucket waters the gravel and soil as needed; the drum fills the bucket (float valve) as needed. No electricity required.

I saw this last night on an episode of Homestead Rescue. Interesting idea, and they showed the garden a few weeks later and the plants were thriving!

That is a good idea but I'll be growing in the bush so it's not practical to carry drums into the bush unfortunately for me or else i would have used that idea.

Back
Top Bottom