Can it be saved and is it worth saving

SBG

A friend of mine gave me a couple of sick looking clones and I'm not sure I can save them or if it is even worth trying to save them.

Any thoughts anyone.
MG_05391.jpg
:thanks:

I would put down more info about this clone but since its not mine I don't know much about it other then its really sick.

I hope so its been in my grow box for a few weeks now and the edges of the new leaves are a bit brown. not sure whats going on.

Looks like a pH issue causing stress and lack of nutrients. Don't water it until it gets really REALLY dry. Use pHed water at 6.5 Vinegar makes a nice pH up if needed.

No one can tell for sure though unless you provide more details. Container size, soil composition, nutrients applied, lighting etc.

:Namaste:

Thanks for the advice.

-They are in a Costco blend of organic potting soil but it had nutes added.
A little perlite but seems to be a lot of fine bark and lots of peat.
-They are under aprox 276 w of cfl's.
- one gal plastic pots.
- temp is between 24C - 27C Hum is around 30-45

Just bought a ph pen and the soil is reading about 7.2 so I read on a thread about vinegar and water
1 table spoon per gal. Does that sound about right. Thoughts?

thanks for any help.

BINGO!

It's the Costco soil. I never use any other soils besides my homeade soil mix composed of over 22 ingredients, or Fox Farm's Ocean Forest. (FFOF)

I think the Costco soil isn't properly composted and has harmful amounts of uncomposted steer manure. Could be chicken manure, but probably steer. Didn't care enough to check. Suffice to say, it is poor quality and bad for your plants.

What you have here is a classic example of stunted growth from hot soil.
Do yourself a favor and swithc to FFOF, or make your own soil! If you have any costco soil left you could probably fix it by composting it or mixing it with FFOF.

FFOF is by far the most superior soil for drainage propertys and beginning nutrient content. It may cause a similar effect on small seedlings and clones, but they will recover quickly and get to BUSTIN'!

:Namaste:

Thanks again. From what I've read ffof is not avail north of the 49th. Does anyone have suggestion for the N/49 crowd. Would be worth the while to trans plant or are the to gone?

At that stage, transplanting might be too much of a shock, but leaving it in poor soil isn't a good option either...

Back
Top Bottom