Can LED stage lighting be used in grow room?

ricks

I am noobe and wondering if I can use the led lights from my band that just broke up for lighting on my plants. Anybody ever tried this. thanks

Hi Ricks, saw your earlier post and been thinking about it all morning. That would be some intense light!

If your lights put out broad spectrum white light then definitely could work. If it's just a few narrow wavelengths then we need more specifics.

What else can you tell us about them? size of fixtures, watts, spectrum, projection angle, mounting hardware (could be used for tent frame, etc.)

Let me find the specs on the lights I have and Ill post them on here. Not sure of wattage. They did good on the stage but the regular par 64 cans with intense white light would probably be better. However they would cost a lot to run so the leds would be great for saving electricity cost. They used so much power that we would have to clamp onto the mains when we played some clubs....that's all changed now with leds lol
Ill post some more info asap and thanks for the replies... rick

Here is what I found on the lights....now I have to go read about how that relates to watts. doesn't look to powerful at 20 watts but maybe its a good wavelength put close enough to plants;.. I don't know I am definitely a old timer trying to learn
any help is appreciated
rick

forgot to attach it.... here it is

Tech Specs on the PUCK unplugged by Blizzard Lighting
Weight & Dimensions
Length 8.25 inches (210 mm) Width 2.5 inches (63.5 mm) Height 8.25 inches (210 mm) Weight 4.0 lbs (1.8 kg)
Power Operating Voltage 90-230VAC, 50-60 Hertz Fuse 3A 250V Power Consumption 20W
Light Source LED 198x 10mm Red/Green/Blue/Amber/White 100K hrs.
Optical Beam Angle 21 degrees 32 degree field
Luminous Intensity 4,075 Lux @ 1m Thermal Max. Operating Temp. 104 degrees F (40 degrees C) ambient
Control Protocol USITT DMX-512 DMX Channels 3, 5, or 12 (User Selectable) Input 3-pin XLR Male Output 3-pin XLR Female
Other Operating Modes
Standalone, Master/Slave, Sound Active, Color Preset, Standalone color mixing
Coolness Factor Leventy Billion Percent
Warranty
2-year limited warranty, does not cover malfunction caused by damage to LED's.

Without specifics of individual bulb spectrum you have right colors minus green. Only issue is the optical beam angle is very narrow causes intense concentration, brighter lights. Mind your distance to plant tops so you don't light burn them. Also if you operate with 120vac you will consume a few more watts. Give it a try, have fun let us know the results.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Okay, it's a smaller unit than I thought. It'll work for a single plant, but as tricam said start it far away from plant (2-3 ft) because of narrow focused beam. Let plant grow up toward it and watch for signs of light stress (bleaching) on top leaves. You can also supplement it with a few LED or CFL bulbs.

so.. what happened? :nervous-guy:

I have lots of them here and just started wondering.
(couldn't find any other thread online about this)

Back
Top Bottom