Can marijuana really be grafted to hops?

vaping

a few years ago we met a guy named "charles" (forgot the last name) who was dying and lived his last days out here in hawaii. in the 70's he wrote a book about successfully having grafted marijuana cuttings to hops, resulting in a hops-looking plant with marijuana characteristics and thc.
we asked a few people who should know if this is possible. have any of you read this book or know if this is even possible?

While I have never heard of grafting hops to marijuana plants, I do know that hops and pot plants are related, so there may be some truth to the idea. Not sure if you would end up with a smokable plant or a beer additive that gave you the munchies, but it may be an interesting experiment.

vap...I know which book you are talking about....I had that book many years ago...and tried the grafting...but never had any success with it...I was living in Hawaii at the time and was in my first stages of starting out as a grower back in the early 70's....I have mentioned this process numerous times over the years and people thought I was crazy...I would like to find another copy of that book to give it a try again....it covers both my interests growing and brewing:grinjoint:

I have heard of it, never seen it done successfully.

Hops and Cannabis share the same genetic Family, "Cannabaceae". :peace:

i think those who did it successfully probabley don't wnat to give away their secret. something like not giving away your favorite fishing spot.

There was a college professor in florida if I remember right that grafted cannabis with a fruit tree. Apple if I remember correctly.

Grafting simply allows one plant to life and feed off of another, it doesn't change the characteristics of either plant. If you were able to graft hopps to MJ the hopps wouldn't produce THC, it would just be normal, everyday, hopps.

That information came from a book called The Conisouiers Hand Guide to Marijuana, The writer or writers use government studies from early part of 1900's. Interesting wide varity of MJ topics. I wish I could remember where it went.

I would be curious to know if there has been more learned on this topic, in my cartoon bubble I see hop rhizomes & a nice grafted clipping being an interesting experiment? Any advise?

Thanks!

That information came from a book called The Conisouiers Hand Guide to Marijuana, The writer or writers use government studies from early part of 1900's. Interesting wide varity of MJ topics. I wish I could remember where it went.

Grafting simply allows one plant to life and feed off of another, it doesn't change the characteristics of either plant. If you were able to graft hopps to MJ the hopps wouldn't produce THC, it would just be normal, everyday, hopps.

i have heard of grafting mary J to hops but the results i heard of is that the plant cant produce THC at all

There was a college professor in florida if I remember right that grafted cannabis with a fruit tree. Apple if I remember correctly.

i think those who did it successfully probabley don't wnat to give away their secret. something like not giving away your favorite fishing spot.

I would be curious to know if there has been more learned on this topic, in my cartoon bubble I see hop rhizomes & a nice grafted clipping being an interesting experiment? Any advise?

Thanks!

Can't be done, has never been done, never will be done. Anyone that claims to have "heard of it" or "seen it" need to provide solid evidence. Don't you think if it could be done, it would be widespread?

Occam's Razor, my friends. :peace:

I have heard of it, never seen it done successfully.

Hops and Cannabis share the same genetic Family, "Cannabaceae". :peace:

Yes. the only two plants in that family, interestingly enough. Nice that I've worked with both, the former as a professional brewer :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom