Can nutrients be mixed a few days before use?

Some people use the GH flora series in recirculating systems that feed plants from a reservoir for a weeks time.

In these systems the nutrients are mixed and the pH corrected prior to use for at least 7 days with periodic adjustment to the pH needed as the plants use up some of the nutrients faster than others.

Where recirculating systems differ from just mixing ahead of time is they maintain daily movement of the nutrient solution.

While I understand this isn't a direct answer to your question I hope it provides food for thought.

DRM Ranch

I did some limited research on this (I use botanicare nutes) and the best answer I could find was that it was ok to do the nutrient/water mix ahead of time, but stir it again and check the ph before applying. I've done it a few times but avoid it if possible because I don't know for sure. I hope you find a more concrete answer.

I did some limited research on this (I use botanicare nutes) and the best answer I could find was that it was ok to do the nutrient/water mix ahead of time, but stir it again and check the ph before applying. I've done it a few times but avoid it if possible because I don't know for sure. I hope you find a more concrete answer.
:circle-of-love:
Thank you for the info...and replying...GrannyT
:Namaste:

Some people use the GH flora series in recirculating systems that feed plants from a reservoir for a weeks time.

In these systems the nutrients are mixed and the pH corrected prior to use for at least 7 days with periodic adjustment to the pH needed as the plants use up some of the nutrients faster than others.

Where recirculating systems differ from just mixing ahead of time is they maintain daily movement of the nutrient solution.

While I understand this isn't a direct answer to your question I hope it provides food for thought.

DRM Ranch

Thanks so much DRM Ranch for that piece of knowledge and info..:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom