Can organic fertilizers go bad?

Pondo7011

I mix up this fertilizer about a month ago. When I opened it up was in a plastic container, the smell was Unreal. There is some chunks floating in it.
Now the question is can this go bad, like will it hurt if I use it in my marijuana?

Attachments

• 20181023_105846.jpg
    20181023_105846.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 41
I mix up this fertilizer about a month ago. When I opened it up was in a plastic container, the smell was Unreal. There is some chunks floating in it.
Now the question is can this go bad, like will it hurt if I use it in my marijuana?

Yes, organic ferts can go bad!!! Unfortunately, even organic ferts that aren't bad, often smell bad! How long have you had them? Were they stored in high temps (i.e. in some non-cooled shed in the summer)?

If you think they're bad, I probably wouldn't use them.

That being said, organic nutes can often form these "slime clusters" and, if you shake the bottle real well, they should mix back in.

You can always experiment with one of your plants, and/or feed VERY low PPM's to see what happens.

:goodluck:

K

Yeah they smell about 10 times more potent than normal. I would think that they've gone bad. Thank you so much for the answer. And I only mixed up about 4 gallons of it so not a huge waste when it gets right down to it.

Back
Top Bottom