Can plants roots grown in soil receive oxygen in oxygenated water!

o MR BUD o

hey guys i have a couple of plants in pots ( soil ) and i was wondering if it would be beneficial to my plants roots if i were to put and leave an air stone in a bucket of water and then feed them that oxygenated water when they need it, i know that in hydroponics it works and the plants roots love it but im not shore if the plants roots will benefit and actually recieve the oxygen in the same way as hydro from oxygenated water when there being grown in soil so any replies and help would be appreciated!! thanks people!!

Will it hurt? No

Will it help? No.

Water becomes unoxigenated fairly quickly.

However with that said, you can make some tea with that air stone to feed your plants, that is something they will love.

hey cricket thanks for your responce mister!!! ok dude im slightly puzzled and im not shore if we are on the same page when you say make some tea with the air stone in a bucket to feed my plants with as i've never heard of such a thing!! what kind of tea are you talking about, are you talking about the kind that you make in a cup of tea that people drink or is there a special kind on the market made especially for cannabis, how does that work and how would i go about preparing and using it!!! thanks for your time bro

Haha no I don't mean tea people drink :).

Its compost tea. Not just for cannabis but all plants love the stuff.

Go to youtube or google and search for "compost tea"

hey cricket i had a look on youtube at how to make compost tea and although the methods are the same different people add different additives and stuff to there tea and i saw one or two people just use additives and no compost, im using all mix soil which comes with nuts already in it and i was wondering if i can make some compost tea with just compost and no extra additives in it and then water my plants that already have nuts in the soil or will the compost tea give my plants an over dose in nuts and nut burn as im not shore if compost actually has some kind of nuts in it as i know nothing about compost at all, thanks for your time and help dude!!

Compost tea, using strictly compost is very good stuff. Its NPK content would depend on the exact components in your compost.

But firstly let me give a short explanation of why most of us use compost tea.

People who grow organically rely on nature and all its little critters to form a symbiotic relationship where the plant feeds the micro biological entities (we will call them microbes for short), then in turn these microbes feed the plant.

Compost teas main focus is to vastly increase your microbe population. Specifically with aerobic microbes (meaning air breathing).

The way compost tea works is we put food (compost) in some water, and aerate the water, if you didnt the microbes would be anerobic (which means none air breathing). So by having some food, with aerated water mixed up these microbes will multiply, as long as there is food and air they will continue to multiply.

Then once you add this microbe rich water to your plants helps keep your plants healthy in numerous ways because microbes dont only break down food into a form that plants can eat, they also help a plants roots to eat more as well as keep certain pestilences in check like root rot and other blights.

So with all that said, yes just compost and water can make a good compost. It would probably need to have a little nutrients added in too, as typically compost alone will not be enough for a bigger plant.

To start grab a old sock (clean preferably) fill it with some compost, then tie the end, and put that sock in a buck of bubbling water. Let it bubble for 24-72 hours then its good to go.

Compost tea, using strictly compost is very good stuff. Its NPK content would depend on the exact components in your compost.

But firstly let me give a short explanation of why most of us use compost tea.

People who grow organically rely on nature and all its little critters to form a symbiotic relationship where the plant feeds the micro biological entities (we will call them microbes for short), then in turn these microbes feed the plant.

Compost teas main focus is to vastly increase your microbe population. Specifically with aerobic microbes (meaning air breathing).

The way compost tea works is we put food (compost) in some water, and aerate the water, if you didnt the microbes would be anerobic (which means none air breathing). So by having some food, with aerated water mixed up these microbes will multiply, as long as there is food and air they will continue to multiply.

Then once you add this microbe rich water to your plants helps keep your plants healthy in numerous ways because microbes dont only break down food into a form that plants can eat, they also help a plants roots to eat more as well as keep certain pestilences in check like root rot and other blights.

So with all that said, yes just compost and water can make a good compost. It would probably need to have a little nutrients added in too, as typically compost alone will not be enough for a bigger plant.

To start grab a old sock (clean preferably) fill it with some compost, then tie the end, and put that sock in a buck of bubbling water. Let it bubble for 24-72 hours then its good to go.

Very well said, happy micro life equals a happy plant . When thesoild and all the micro beasties and less micro beasties are happy the plant will let you know , Spot on MR. Cricket . OG

thanks cricket for the info you have really helped dude, i have a couple of questions tho bro and that is would you use compost tea through out the whole grow cycle (veg and flower) and as i said before my soil comes with nuts already in it which consists of a pre mix of peat moss, spaghnum peat, worm casting and perlite with an EC of 2.4 or PPM of 1200 and a PH of 6.6 so for the first 4 to 5 weeks i wont be needing to add any nutes to my soil so if i were to make some compost tea now would that be ok to then add it to my soil that already has nuts still in it, will the compost tea actually rais my ppm at all and if so my worry is its gonna give my plants some kind of nut burn! thanks for your time and words of wisdom mister and i have also added to your rep for your troubles cricket

Back
Top Bottom