Can soil go bad?

Gimik

Hello everybody,

I'm looking to start my 2nd grow and I have some leftover soil from the first grow. My question is does soil go bad and can I still use it?

During my first grow I didn't end up using the whole bag of soil so I wrapped it up in trash bags and taped it shut. For about a year now it's been sitting outside, rained on a few times but I don't think any water got into the bag itself just on the outer trash bags I put it in. Because of my desire to start another grow I checked on it the other day and didn't get any weird smells coming from it and the soil seems to be the same consistency from when I originally bought it.

Has anybody had any issues using old soil? Recommend or not?

Thanks!

I think it would be fine, but, where it’s been outdoors, make sure you don’t bring any insect invaders inside to your ladies. .

I think it would be fine, but, where it’s been outdoors, make sure you don’t bring any insect invaders inside to your ladies. .

Yeah my plan is to pour all the soil out and sort of sift through it looking for mold or insects then determine if I'm going to try and salvage it or not. Would rather buy new soil then try to be stingey and ruin the girls

sterilize it possibly,, in the oven,, easy to do,, not too hot tho,, instructions online

Back
Top Bottom