Can somebody check my post and see if I should change to a bigger pot?

Stands for Low Stress Training. You gently bend the top of your plant away from light, being careful as you do! Use some wire that won't hurt plant to tie down.. your plant will no longer put all its energy into the top main branch, but the secondary ones. The plant will thicken up big time! New branches.. new leaves.

Here is a great example.

Ok ok ok ok..... that explains y I seen plants tired down...ok I have just the thing to tie it

I don’t water her every single day some time every other day or 2 days pass then water her because it in side dirt not drying as out side wud so i turn on the heater for a bit when I water her n turn on the fan..

Hi Fry I would implement LST to increase yield and lower the lights to help canopy penetration (not even sure if that's a word too many breaky bongs but you get my drift) and to minimize internodal stretching for bushier plants also have a look around on this site there is lots of helpful tips and tricks to help maximize your grow rooms potential

thanks... def sound like a plan... but next question??.... is it ok as is or should I have a tent??

My front door is like 15 feet frm my furnace n some time when I water I open the front door n the furnace door but only a lil n turn on the heater n fan.. (live in a town house no basement only garage n balcony) was

I don’t water her every single day some time every other day or 2 days pass then water her because it in side dirt not drying as out side wud so i turn on the heater for a bit when I water her n turn on the fan..
Then I would personally wait till the roots have maxed out the grow pot before transplanting bit that's cause I only transplant my seedlings once from germination cup to to final grow pot for me its less shock time and more grow time but everyone's technique is different depending on what suits the individual grower . I've seen growers transplant up to 3-4 times but their grows took a little bit longer but gained larger plants

i had her in a party frm seedling.. n then in that one..
Yeah I thought so mate. She's root bound from the first time. You need to sort that out before thinking about transplanting again imo. See how she isn't growing as wide as the pot. That's how I knew. Not really sure how best to sort it tbh as not something I've done but someone will be able to tell you :)

ok While we at it... am abt to order biobizz starter pack..wat abt this girl? Wat adjustment need to be made?
See the same thing I mentioned about the root binding mate. Not growing as wide as the pot. Again, I've really no idea what to do about it. Just thought I'd better point it out. See it a lot round here. Just left em in the cups a bit too long bud. They are photos so should grow out of it pretty easily but I grow in Coco which is different. I'm trying to wrap my head round soil but it's a slow process for a hydro monkey lol.

So basically it should be looking more mature and more body?
Hmm... Not sure how to word this right but see if you look at each node (pair of leaves) theres two sets of branches getting ready to grow from each node. One at iether side.
They haven't grown because of the root bounding. That's why she looks skinny. There's 8 or so main colas that haven't started forming yet. Once you recover from it they will start growing and that's how you'll know it's fixed.
Again though, this is unfortunately one of those things I've no idea how to fix.
@Emilya is your best bet if she's not busy.
Oohhh I just looked back to double check things and the second picture (which it's happened to aswell) looks like she's just hit bloom? Is that autos your growing mate? How many hours of light for each plant if it's different ?

The best way to reactivate a severely root bound plant is to transplant it into at least 3x more soil, and in doing so, break up the rootbound roots a bit before putting them in their new home. I know it seems counter productive, but the roots that are so compacted that they are strangling themselves need to be torn, cut or otherwise ripped free of that compacted mass, and loosened up a bit before transplanting. I know that I am giving you nightmares of transplant shock... but a little shock from you roughing up the roots a bit is better than a plant that continues to stagnate because 90% of its roots are bound into a tight inefficient mass. Failure to do this with a severely rootbound plant will end up with those roots never expanding out like they could have from that rootbound mess, and you end up in that final container with a root mass not much bigger than the bound up ball you put in there, wondering why the roots never took advantage of the last transplant.

Haha that was quick thanks Emilya. And now I know too :) see, always learning.
I'm actually considering doing a couple autos in preloaded soil just as an experiment.

Just to clarify though Mr Fry , if those are indeed autos as I suspect then you just wanna leave them alone now mate.
You haven't said they are but I could swear that second pic is in bloom. Which I'm guessing you never done on purpose by going 12/12 lights so my (sometimes hazy) sense of logic (and slightly blurred eyesight) says the second one is an auto??

Do plants in soil really get rootbound that easily? A real question for you soil growers.

Surprised to see everyone recommending transplant. It looks to me like that plant has tons of room left. I would think it’s barely started using that soil and has miles to go. No?

Also the container could be filled the rest of the way with more soil, as a start. But you might to have to cut the top of that plastic container away to transplant when the time comes, by the looks of it.

I’m not a soil grower though. I’m growing in peat moss/perlite.

Neglected plants in my veg room. This one at 26” tall in 2/3 of a gallon of medium. Spindly from being neglected packed in the jungle yes, but suffering because it’s rootbound- no.

Do plants in soil really get rootbound that easily? A real question for you soil growers.
I wouldnt say easily, but that is the whole point of my wet/dry cycle watering ideas... to get rootbound, or at least right up to that point. If you go much further than the plant needing water every 24 hours, you do get rootbound. I had a mother plant one time that got to this point and I ignored her, ignored the complaining she was giving me, and I just let her sit in that 3 gallon container. It took her about a month after that, and she finally broke the container... ripped a split right down one side. She was rootbound and not going to stand it any longer. Don't do like I did. Repot before it explodes.

Surprised to see everyone recommending transplant. It looks to me like that plant has tons of room left. I would think it’s barely started using that soil and has miles to go. No?

Also the container could be filled the rest of the way with more soil, as a start. But you might to have to cut the top of that plastic container away to transplant when the time comes, by the looks of it.

I’m not a soil grower though. I’m growing in peat moss/perlite.

Neglected plants in my veg room. This one at 26” tall in 2/3 of a gallon of medium. Spindly from being neglected packed in the jungle yes, but suffering because it’s rootbound- no.

I'm sorry mate, I try to shy away from things that wind me up but are you actually being serious?
Surely not?
All those tags and you're trying to say that plant isn't cometely root bound?
Your having a laugh surely?

those tags

Tags?

that plant isn't cometely root bound?

Which one, The OP’s or mine?

Theirs- no idea.
Mine - no.

I’m transplanting a half dozen of those tall ones right now. Into 2 gallons. They’re all happy. Gonna have to toss a few of them though cause flowering is getting overbooked.

Back
Top Bottom