Can someone explain the slang?

The moor you read the moor you will understand. I looks like your using context clues already. Learning it this way is proven to work better than someone giving improper knowledge. If you could be moor specific we could be moor help. If not open another window and use the Urban dictionary.

Wow... I haven't heard that term in years.... Mid's ususally means Midgrade marijuana. Usually it is the step between top shelf/headies, and mexican brick weed... Mid's used to refer to weed that may have a few seeds, but not loaded with them, usually not pressed like it came from a brick, but may lack the taste and quality of top shelf..

I haven't heard Mids since I moved to a MMJ state

I'm in europe so nothing gets calleds mids/headies what not.... here it just skunk (no seeds) weed (brickweed seedy) thai weed (brick no seeds) hash also has names for grades and as for rating it...''damn bro thats nice (insert skunk/weed etc)'' ''well it aint bad'' or '' wtf bro you got fucked over take that back!''

Just kept hearing ''mids'' I guessed what it was but you never know could be a strain lol

jimm14 said:
I'm in europe so nothing gets calleds mids/headies what not.... here it just skunk (no seeds) weed (brickweed seedy) thai weed (brick no seeds) hash also has names for grades and as for rating it...''damn bro thats nice (insert skunk/weed etc)'' ''well it aint bad'' or '' wtf bro you got fucked over take that back!''

Just kept hearing ''mids'' I guessed what it was but you never know could be a strain lol

This is a very very simple answer. First of all, calling bud "skunk" based on its potency is very incorrect. Skunk is a particular strain. Mids are plants that have hermied, or accidentally pollinated, forcing an early harvest. That is why you get so many seeds in Mids. Headies are just buds that have fully developed and have not been pollinated. Beasters is bud that has come from British Colombia. But has nothing to do with describing potency. How do you guys not know this shit lol?

Like i say from europe, ''Skunk'' Is a general term here now, Most weed some here came from ''skunk #1'' or a cross from it so now good bud is just know as Skunk. any ''skunk'' without seed is sensimilla and stuff with seeds isn't.

I dont see why I should know what your slang is for it, there not terms used here and I'm new to the online grow world so only just started seeing them.

jimm14 said:
Like i say from europe, ''Skunk'' Is a general term here now, Most weed some here came from ''skunk #1'' or a cross from it so now good bud is just know as Skunk. any ''skunk'' without seed is sensimilla and stuff with seeds isn't.

I dont see why I should know what your slang is for it, there not terms used here and I'm new to the online grow world so only just started seeing them.

How can skunk be a general term? It's a popular strain. It would be like calling all good bud sour diesel... Or pineapple express... It's confusing.

not really, Skunk is from the 70's and before then Thai/Mexican/African/middleeast strains dominated the market here, then along came ''skunk'' with big buds and less leaf in your bag,then you got 100's strains over time so good weed became skunk.

We do use there true name if it's known ie berry bomb or blue cheese, but a unknown good sensi gets called skunk. most import weed ends up as brickweed or unknown genetics sold in bulk, now days.

anyway why would you use names used only in the last 7-8 years?

Urban Dictionary: mids It looks like you guys have it more confused then us lol.

jimm14 said:
not really, Skunk is from the 70's and before then Thai/Mexican/African/middleeast strains dominated the market here, then along came ''skunk'' with big buds and less leaf in your bag,then you got 100's strains over time so good weed became skunk.

We do use there true name if it's known ie berry bomb or blue cheese, but a unknown good sensi gets called skunk. most import weed ends up as brickweed or unknown genetics sold in bulk, now days.

anyway why would you use names used only in the last 7-8 years?

Urban Dictionary: mids It looks like you guys have it more confused then us lol.

Ok I get what your saying but I still don't agree. If I cook a meatloaf, eggs are one of the ingredients. So I'm assuming in your world you would just call it eggs.. Instead of meatloaf? There are bolts in my car.. I don't call my car a bolt.. There is sugar in soda... I don't call it sugar.. The more specific you can be with your buds the better in my opinion.. Why wouldn't you want to know what your puffin on?? I know I always want to know what strain I'm smokin.

Calling unknown good bud skunk is understandable if you know the history of skunk as you stated earlier.. But even then most people would really think they are smoking skunk the strain. Your unknown strain might be haze.. So you call it skunk?!? There is no sense in this to me. It should be given a generic high quality name. Headies.

I guess it all depends on where your from and what terms you use... I grew up in the Midwest and usually bud fell into 1 of 3 catagories....

1. Dank, headies, top shelf, fire, 60's(based on the price of 1/8), sensi, BC's or BC buds (canada strains) and every once and a while you would get an actual name (blueberry, white widow, ak47...blah blah blah..)

2. Mids..commercial/commersh, 30's(based on price of 1/8)

3. Brick, shwag, A-town brown, ditch, headache weed,

When I lived in the midwest, we weren't blessed with dispensaries and didn't really care what the genetic names were. If it looked nice, had no seeds, was covered in crystals and got you blown, then you were happy with your bud and didn't mind paying 60$ an 1/8 for it.... we did occasionally get some known strains but when your buying from a "dealer" who gets it from "who knows where", they can label it anything they want and you usually didn't care.

Now....

I moved to California about 6 years ago and this drastically changed how I look at bud... Here in Cali I have become I guess what you would call a "weed snob" lol, and now being used to having dispensaries and access to all different kinds, this has raised the bar in the meds that I choose. This is mostly due to the availability of these buds, and availability of information tracing the bud to the grower, which in illegal states is virtually impossible unless you personally know the grower....and trust me, growers in illegal states do not let Anyone know they grow... :)

So now there is a lot more that goes into my buying decision.

1 What strain
2 Indoor, outdoor or greenhouse
3. synthetic or organicly grown, or hybrid
4. What is the lab test results..
5. What is the price
6. What do the trichomes look like
7. How well was it cured and trimmed...

So I guess that's why I care more about strains and genetics now that I live in Cali, Its not that I wouldn't have cared before, but there is more availability, more competition, and more advertising to make a consumer decision. Its just like buying a stereo.... if you only knew of 1 brand lets say "sony", then there only would be top quality, mid quality and low quality "sony", but when you add other manufacturer's into the mix, now as a consumer, you are looking at much more than just quality range, but you get into the details, brands, etc... it all has to do with what is available in your market, and who is selling it....

If you have ever bought nickle or dime bags in the hood, you would know....everything is Fire, or the flame, or whatever catch name they come up with to sell it... and most the time, your going to roll it up in a blunt and not care what it was 5 mins later...

Now that I have gotten to experience the difference between properly grown meds, and smuggled black market midwest nug, I definitely know there is a difference and feel bad for all those who don't have choice in the meds that there using. Especially when you read stories of moldy buds, pesticides, and even filler's and additives being sprayed to add weight....I wish everyone had the opportunity to choose... we all would have healthier meds :)

Ok I get what your saying but I still don't agree. If I cook a meatloaf, eggs are one of the ingredients. So I'm assuming in your world you would just call it eggs.. Instead of meatloaf? There are bolts in my car.. I don't call my car a bolt.. There is sugar in soda... I don't call it sugar.. The more specific you can be with your buds the better in my opinion.. Why wouldn't you want to know what your puffin on?? I know I always want to know what strain I'm smokin.

You also dont go to your dealer and ask for cannabis even tho thats what it is...
If you come to europe and ask for weed you will get brick weed or low quality bud, Ask for skunk and you will get top drawer bud, it's just how it goes here. Like I say if you know what it is then you would call it that.

~Unless your in a coffeeshop in holland, You don't really know who grow it or where it came from. Even the coffeeshops have tried screw me before. Most dealers will say they have a named weed like bubblegum etc but over here 7/10 times It's not the strain they call it, It's just a sales tactic. your sold a honda and get home then your friend tells you it's a chevy... any weed connoisseur like myself know what NY Diesel or Blueberry or cheese, looks like, smells like, tastes like.

Also by your desciption of ''mids'' would be very rare weed here, 70% of weed here is sensi, normally white shark/widow/cheese/haze etc, Any thing not sensi is grown by chinese guys and couldn't even be called mid range. The only other weed with seeds is brickweed over here, So we don't really have a need for mid range weed name, it's top drawer or just plain crap weed.

If the plant we love wasn't illegal for growing around here I'm sure things would be different. It's just other parts of the world use different slang. Next time I'm in vagas I'll remember to tell my guy ''bro this is some shit mids, I wanted headies'' cus he always gives me crap uncured stuff lol. maybe cus i ask him for skunk everytime lol

Back
Top Bottom