Can someone help me with scrog method? Help please

illinoisguy21

Okay all so I've been doing some research on the scrog method to grow, but I have some questions.. hopefully there people who have done scrog and can help, I know it's running the tops thru screens but what I read it said something about tucking after u run ur plant thru the screen, exactly what does that mean and how do I do it? How many plants sold I plant if I use scrog method? Please help. Thank you guys

I'm doing my first grow and am doing the SCROG method so hopefully I can be of some help. I haven't heard the term "tucking" before, but the way it was shown to me is you bring your branch through the screen and tuck it under the next closest line. The idea is to 1) make your canopy "even", 2) make your canopy bigger by laying your taller terminals down and out (stretching them if you will), and 3) to allow more light penetration to your lower nodes and bud sites that would normally be blocked out. I personally don't do the "tucking" part but instead use zip ties to train my branches out. I am doing a 3-layer SCROG with 6 plants in 3 gallon pots and a lot of my first 2 layers are almost filled (in a 9.6' x 4.9' x 7' tent currently under 2 1000 watt metal halides) and I will be putting in the third layer in a few weeks. I just switched to 12/12 yesterday so when the lights come on tonight I will post some new photos to illustrate what I mean, but hopefully that was helpful.

This was about a week ago, but you can see the first two layers of SCROG.
20161228_005739.jpg

Okay so u say bring the banks thru and tuck it under the next slot line... so does that mean that branch u brought thru the link would be under the line since u said to tuck it under the next closets line

All the branches are under the scrog net. Let the grow tips grow about two or more inches then tuck it down back through the opening and guide it to the next farthest opening in whatever direction you want it to go.

I'm so confused, sorry, I can scrog with 1 screen correct? So when the tips start to get a little taller then the screen I tuck them back under the next and up thru another hole? Do u have a picture of what u mean?

In chronic picture above his screen has huge holes.. I thought the holes were suppose to be little? I'm a new time grower. About to attempt my first serious grow and trying to obtain a 2 pound goal each harvest, a lot of people r telling me to go the scrog method but I guess I just don't understand how to do it

In chronic picture above his screen has huge holes.. I thought the holes were suppose to be little? I'm a new time grower. About to attempt my first serious grow and trying to obtain a 2 pound goal each harvest, a lot of people r telling me to go the scrog method but I guess I just don't understand how to do it

My screen has larger holes because it was what I could get on short notice. The next time I do it I will be using a smaller net. But yes, you have the idea of it. Mick gave it to you in a nut shell. and yes, I will share some step by step pics as soon as my lights come on (9pm pacific). And most people only use 1 layer that I have seen. In fact someone I work with has been doing SCROG since he started basically and just in the last 6 months started using a second layer. Sorry if my first response was confusing.

I suggest you go to ------------.com for an excellent step by step tutorial. Most people don't really do a scrog, it's more like a support trellis. A true scrog net is only 8"-10" above the top of the container, and only 6"-8" colas are above the net, hopefully one in each opening. This is achieved by tucking the tops until into the 3rd week of flower. Most people stop tucking when they switch to flower which allows the colas basically outgrow the height of the net - so it becomes a poor support net at best.

Okay guys bare with me I understand the whole scrog method. I was planning on having my net 4 to 6 inches above my pots, u guys ain't confusing me. The whole "tucking under" now that my friend has me confused. Correct me if I'm wrong. But r u guys saying to tuck my tops back under the net to let the bottom braches catch up? So let's say I have it all set up and it's time to tuck my tops lol I literally run them thru a hole the put them back under the net so the can't grow upwards?

I suggest you go to ------------.com for an excellent step by step tutorial. Most people don't really do a scrog, it's more like a support trellis. A true scrog net is only 8"-10" above the top of the container, and only 6"-8" colas are above the net, hopefully one in each opening. This is achieved by tucking the tops until into the 3rd week of flower. Most people stop tucking when they switch to flower which allows the colas basically outgrow the height of the net - so it becomes a poor support net at best.

That's how it was explained to me and essentially what I am trying to do with mine, just with a little more madness to my method, lol. I just flipped to 12/12 a couple days ago but plan to continue stretch them out probably up through week 4.

Okay guys bare with me I understand the whole scrog method. I was planning on having my net 4 to 6 inches above my pots, u guys ain't confusing me. The whole "tucking under" now that my friend has me confused. Correct me if I'm wrong. But r u guys saying to tuck my tops back under the net to let the bottom braches catch up? So let's say I have it all set up and it's time to tuck my tops lol I literally run them thru a hole the put them back under the net so the can't grow upwards?

Pretty much. I'd say continue doing that up through week 3 or 4.

Exactly. You are growing your plant horizontally instead of vertically. The only thing that goes vertical are the tops. Also 4 to 6 inches is not enough room to lollipop under the net.

So how many inches away should I have my net? So about week 3 or 4 in flower I want to bring them thru the net to grow up toward the light?

Mick I seen ur message. Not at enough post to message back. Could u email me at jaxonlee112914 at Gmail would like to have a little more of a 1 on 1 with someone who knows what they r doing

So how many inches away should I have my net? So about week 3 or 4 in flower I want to bring them thru the net to grow up toward the light?

We've always left about a foot between pot and net, but everyone is different. I also take care of a large portion of my lollipopping before I SCROG, so the only reason I set it that high is for watering purposes (I'm hand watering right now). And yes, around weeks 3 and 4 is when you want to let them start coming up.

Correct me if I'm wrong please but lollipoping is when u cut all the lower branches and stuff off correct? To let the colas get the light and nutes?

I personally try to do as little to shock the plant as I can at this stage, so I try and open my canopy as much as possible for light to penetrate to those lower areas so that they don't have to chopped off. In a couple weeks I'll do a final lollipopping just to clear out any stragglers under my first layer and after that just one more thinning around week 5 or so.

Back
Top Bottom