Can super soil be reused?

Can be re-used of course. Many different variations and methods to do so. I’d suggest reading up on a grow style called “No-Till”.

The jest behind no-till gardening is that you continually re-use the soil over and over again...and it keeps getting better every time :Namaste:

Wouldn't be super if you couldn't reuse it.

You do nothing. You leave it aside and when the time comes you cut out a hole for a new plant and transplant it there.

This ^^^

The previous plants roots are FULL of all the nutrients the plants need. They decompose (compost) right there pretty quick. Keep the soil moist after chop - 2 cups of water a week. If you wanna wait for some reason or another.

Even better grow cover crop of red clover in the pot. Cut that hole right in the middle of the clover and trans-plant a cannabis plant in there with the clover. Watch it rip.
The clover dies back as the cannabis takes over all the light. The clover roots and plant are great top dress.

This is no-till.

Here’s an example of what Bob’s talking about.

The same day I cut down a plant, I placed a 2 leave seedling which just had its tap root poking through the Pete pellet in the same pot. Hit it with some mycos and sprinkled my cover crop mix on top(fenugreek, red clover, crimson lentil).

That plant has been in there a couple weeks now, as it gets bigger the cover crops will die back like so;

What GOP said!

Only reason I don't go into final pot is I grow mostly REG seeds and males are a thing 1/2 the time so I don't want to waste precious time in final container with a male.

I keep the young plants in a small container until I feel comfortable enough to up-pot. Every once in a while a male slips thru.

What GOP said!

Only reason I don't go into final pot is I grow mostly REG seeds and males are a thing 1/2 the time so I don't want to waste precious time in final container with a male.

I keep the young plants in a small container until I feel comfortable enough to up-pot. Every once in a while a male slips thru.
But if i sure 100% plant is female?

GodOfPot
bobrown14

How to water living soil?
How much water need?

I read The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant
can be same way?

Yes, water it same way as that thread. In smart pots I find it’s pretty impossible to over water my plants, even if they sit in a 1/2” of water for a day there’s no harm done, water will evaporate or roots will draw it in.

I water every other day, but my environment calls for it. Some may need to water everyday.

What nutrient organic should i add in soil after i cut down plant for next growing?

i will do fish bone , oyster bone , soibean meal , bone meal
What do you think?

What nutrient organic should i add in soil after i cut down plant for next growing?

i will do fish bone , oyster bone , soibean meal , bone meal
What do you think?

Nothing needed. Just let the soil sit for a few weeks. The roots were full of nutrients already on the way to the plant when you chopped it down. The roots already have all the soluble nutrients ready for the next plant.

Waiting a few weeks gives the soil microbes a chance to break down the roots, it's how things grow. You don't need to add anything to help that along.

Fresh mycos at the root ball of your next transplant and maybe a little EWC call it good to grow.

If you wish to do a LOS No-till then do yourself a favor and go with at least 15 gallon Fabric pots.
You can plant a germinated seed directly into the pot no problem.

20190418_234651.jpg

I don’t add anything. I just put the next plant in.

Yes, water it same way as that thread. In smart pots I find it’s pretty impossible to over water my plants, even if they sit in a 1/2” of water for a day there’s no harm done, water will evaporate or roots will draw it in.

I water every other day, but my environment calls for it. Some may need to water everyday.

Yep, I am 25 gallon fabric pots and I water every other day until about week 3 to 4 of flower then they usually need water everyday.
People that are only watering like once a week maybe every 5 days or longer that are in small (meaning less than 7 gallon) plastic pots means their soil isn't right so to compensate they have to weigh and measure their water and light their hair on fire and pray to the water gods that they haven't watered too much and a day early.
If your soil is proper and you're in fabric pots you can't overwater.
I feed my soil between 1.5 to 2 gallons every 48 hours and in late flower every 24 to 36 hours.
The plants drink it up and the pot evaporates quite a bit.

I use plastic pots and they work for me due to automated watering. It's easier for me to not carry water around than the slight benefit of larger fabric pots.

They both work.

Watering smaller containers is work that has to be done.

In flower 10 gal pot water every day a gal easy. Multiply that by number of plants and well you gotta get up early! lol

Back
Top Bottom