Can they still make it?

Notorious420

420 Member
Hello 420mag,

I am really worried about 2 of my skunk haze plants. They are not looking good at all and I think the problem is spider mites. I have been spraying them with neem oil 5 times every 3 days, I started this last week. They look a tad better but I wan't your opinions of if you think they will make it. Thanks in advance.

PLANT #1:
G9NTlgn.jpg

6UONYym.png

PLANT #2:
dkNo17L.png

nYRCb6M.png

plant 1 looks the more likely to survive. Plant 2 is almost gone already.

I don't think just the spider mites were the problem though.
You look like you have your growing medium too wet, and it might have too many nutrients causing burn or the yellowing of the leaves because it looks like you're using compost.

personally I would have started the plants off in a smaller container so the soil could dry out faster and added some sand and gravel or perlite and vermiculite to make the soil drain faster, making it easier to flush any excess nutes out just to make sure you're not dealing with multiple problems.

plant 1 looks the more likely to survive. Plant 2 is almost gone already.

I don't think just the spider mites were the problem though.
You look like you have your growing medium too wet, and it might have too many nutrients causing burn or the yellowing of the leaves because it looks like you're using compost.

personally I would have started the plants off in a smaller container so the soil could dry out faster and added some sand and gravel or perlite and vermiculite to make the soil drain faster, making it easier to flush any excess nutes out just to make sure you're not dealing with multiple problems.
Thanks for the reply, I think your right but also I haven't been giving it any nutrients yet so could that be the problem?

what is the soil you are using?
Compost?
if it's compost it will have a lot of nutes in it already. Possibly causing the yellowing.

Back
Top Bottom