Can we compare plants? Fun thread, new growers and old

Cheffrey

Hey all!

Im a new grower, 1st time. Loving every moment!
I see lots of new growers on here, and many many vets being very helpful!

This is a thread, asking how are my plants looking. Feel free to add your own. I just want opinions on my little ladies! BUT love seeing everyone elses :)

DAY 15 VEG: how are they looking?

Attachments

• 20190112_184843.jpg
    20190112_184843.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20190112_184835.jpg
    20190112_184835.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 20190112_184828.jpg
    20190112_184828.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 79
They were lifting the day before but yes I noticed they dropped a bit. Last watering was the heaviest ove given them.

Posted day before pics

Attachments

• 20190111_185220.jpg
    20190111_185220.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190111_185226.jpg
    20190111_185226.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190111_185234.jpg
    20190111_185234.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 51
Welcome to 420Mag bro!! I agree with @Emilya, looks to be over watered. She has a great thread on proper watering, thats how I water my plants now. She definitely knows her watering. Other than that they are looking good! What strain?

2 ak47, and 1 critical mass

One thing I've worried about is over watering. I've given these ladies what I thought was maybe too little.

But I went from germinated to a 6 gallon pot. 1 transfer. Bigger growth.... right? Lol I've been keeping a tight journal for everyday. This is the most droop I've seen on the plants. I'll leave them be till they perk up again .

Ps Emilya is the best to respond. I believe every post I've gotten a response. Very appreciative!!

Pps.. can I get a link @Emilya to your water thread? Still trying to figure out this forum and how to get to links that are recommended. Thx!

2 ak47, and 1 critical mass

One thing I've worried about is over watering. I've given these ladies what I thought was maybe too little.

But I went from germinated to a 6 gallon pot. 1 transfer. Bigger growth.... right? Lol I've been keeping a tight journal for everyday. This is the most droop I've seen on the plants. I'll leave them be till they perk up again .
It is really difficult to properly water a small young plant in a large container. I know this practice is all the rage these days, but it is not the easiest way to do this and to be successful requires a finesse that most new gardeners of weeds don't have.
Your goal is to get that little plant to expand its roots laterally all throughout the container. Your watering method so far simply drops down to the bottom and creates a pool down there, and that is where your most important roots are sitting. The longer they remain under water, the less active they will become, until finally the plant will start showing signs that it is having problems uptaking the huge amounts that it requires to lift up the leaves.
You now have two problems... You want to dry out the bottom, but also keep the top spreader roots alive and active and expanding laterally. Learn the lift method to determine if there is any water still standing in the container, but for now, drastically change the way you water. It will probably take 5-7 days for the plant to use all of the water sitting down there, but in the meantime, you need to keep the top and middle roots alive. The way to do this is to water the top with about 1/4 of what you are giving right now. Water from the edges and all around the top, trying hard to neglect watering around the trunk. Do this every other day... 1/4 of what you are giving now.
Keep lifting the container every day or so until it finally feels light and you can determine that most of the water has been used.
When the plant has finally accomplished this huge task you have set out for it, the roots will be much stronger than they are today. Your plant will be ready for a proper watering at that point and the establishment of a regular wet/dry cycle. When you can get the plant down to a 3 day wet/dry cycle in that sized container, pat yourself on the back... you will have a beautiful and very productive plant.

Hey all!

Im a new grower, 1st time. Loving every moment!
I see lots of new growers on here, and many many vets being very helpful!

This is a thread, asking how are my plants looking. Feel free to add your own. I just want opinions on my little ladies! BUT love seeing everyone elses :)

DAY 15 VEG: how are they looking?
They look good for your first man :welldone:and welcome to the forum :welcome:...............
........some of mine for you...
005.jpg

hps.JPG
mine0.JPG

I keep having questions. I'll keep posting as everyone is so awesome and chill! Lol

I'm wondering if my plants are to deep in those buckets? Should I prop the lower leaves up to go over the bucket rims?

Sorry about the blurple shot... but you can get the idea of what I'm asking about.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20190117_185201.jpg
    20190117_185201.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 61
I keep having questions. I'll keep posting as everyone is so awesome and chill! Lol

I'm wondering if my plants are to deep in those buckets? Should I prop the lower leaves up to go over the bucket rims?

Sorry about the blurple shot... but you can get the idea of what I'm asking about.

Thanks!
my opinion is that it doesn't make sense to not use all of the room available in the container. Not only would it be another gallon of soil and its nutrients to take you into the rest of the grow, but it gives more room for more roots. This is a deep rooting plant and it prefers to be in a taller rather than a wider space.
Then you have to consider airflow and the shadowing that could allow for mold and mildew to be able to form, because this surface is below the rim and out of the reach of breeze, along with being in a slightly darker place.
You can fix this easily and turn your mistake into an advantage by waiting a bit for the rootball to form and then a day or two after watering slide the moist structure out of the buckets long enough to put another layer of fresh soil beneath what you have now. If you wait a little bit, that boost of fresh soil will be as effective as a good shot of fertilizer, and it gives you a chance to put in an extra layer of worm castings, composted manure, myco or any number of added nutrients for the roots to find along with the new soil, just as you go into flower.
I build my containers to 1 inch below the top rim and then I put mulch on top of that. Not only have I found a method that works well for me, but it ends up being pretty too. :)

@Emilya thanks so much for your care in my plants!

Those plants were actually about 1 and 1/2 inches less in soil. As they grew I buried them in more fresh soil. I read it created more root structure.

I guess my next concern is, I feel I dont have the room to add any more soil. I will be hitting the first node/leaf.
My air flow is amazing I think lol I have purified air blowing in from the bottom. Two decent fans blowing in different section and a powerful out directly to the outdoors.

Ps, my hind sight on the matter is dont go so deep in the pot. I have many hind sights, but it's my first attempt.

Pps after re reading your last post a few times I think I know what you mean about lifting and adding. The thought terrifies me! Is that stressful on the plant?

Indeed I do think so.

I have another question for you though lol

I've been using the green at 300 ppm for watering. About 50 % of the time. Does it seem right?

Other bottle is when I'm in flowering?

Attachments

• 15480343481736761725720645078456.jpg
    15480343481736761725720645078456.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 15480344323045935569048357442556.jpg
    15480344323045935569048357442556.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 44
Indeed I do think so.

I have another question for you though lol

I've been using the green at 300 ppm for watering. About 50 % of the time. Does it seem right?

Other bottle is when I'm in flowering?
I have never used those nutes and my only recommendation for you is to download their feeding schedule for your medium and follow their instructions to the letter. After spending all that money on nutes it makes no sense just to guess what you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom