Can We Teach An Old Hawk New Brix?

What's going on 420 family? Well I have finally done it. I bought Doc's kit awhile back and my soil has been cooking for 35 days. I had 12 small plants that are about 10 days old and were started in Fox Farms coco loco in about a cup each. Ok. I broke one small rule, but my soil was not ready. Anyway, I transplanted them in to 1 gallon fabric pots with my High Brix soil today. They are 5 Boptang and 7 Boptang x Blackcherrypunch, all fems I made awhile back. @neikodog and @Duggan have both been very helpful so far, so pretty confident my mix is good. Any Highbrix vets help is highly appreciated. Very excited for my first Brix run. Thank you.

Ok, so my plan was to only do 1 kit, but yesterday I had to tranplant these 12, and a voice in my head said "why do 6 and not the other"? So I figure I have enough soil to handle next transplant even, and I will buy another kit and mix it up. By the time it is done cooking the 12 will be ready for their forever homes. Ok, so now for my first question. They look like they need to be watered today, or tomorrow. So do I water plain water, and correlate that to water faucet symbol, and then do the brix foliar spray the next day?

I’m curious about running Doc’s gear too. Keen to see how you go.
Thanks brother. I stayed away for financial reasons, but for some reason never snapped to the fact you can use the soil multiple times which actually makes it cheaper than all the bottled nutes and additives I have been using for years.

Which one I see youngins and teens in those pics. You don't want to water until the pots are like lifting a pot full of feathers. No sprays until about 5 nodes or a couple nodes with at least 5 bladed leaves. 1st drench should be a light transplant drench like 1 ml transplant per gallon of soil or 10 ml per gallon of water. It usually takes about 2-3 weeks from sprout until they're ready for a drink then do the dunk method in which case double the amount above. The above amount is if you are top watering and not dunking and draining.

I’m no Brix veteran, but I’d suggest looking at that chart like a guide to the structure of things, rather than a schedule as such - the timing gets dictated by the plants. The chart just shows the general shape of activity.

Doc’s blog on his website is a good source of the basic details :thumb: I recommend reading it over if you haven’t already. I periodically go back and read it again, just to refresh :)

Foliars wise Doc usually recommends to foliar a couple of days before or after a drench - don’t want the roots either fully soaked or fully dry. That said, it’s all pretty forgiving - just best not to spray and drench on the same day. ANd yeh - what neiko said, only foliar once they’ve grown up a bit, for seedlings anyway.

Question for you brix vets then... these are clones i think, so how does hawk decide when they’re ready for foliars?

Which one I see youngins and teens in those pics. You don't want to water until the pots are like lifting a pot full of feathers. No sprays until about 5 nodes or a couple nodes with at least 5 bladed leaves. 1st drench should be a light transplant drench like 1 ml transplant per gallon of soil or 10 ml per gallon of water. It usually takes about 2-3 weeks from sprout until they're ready for a drink then do the dunk method in which case double the amount above. The above amount is if you are top watering and not dunking and draining.
It is the 12 on the top shelves. 2 set's of 6. I will wait a few more days to water then. Wait on foliar's heard that.
I’m no Brix veteran, but I’d suggest looking at that chart like a guide to the structure of things, rather than a schedule as such - the timing gets dictated by the plants. The chart just shows the general shape of activity.

Doc’s blog on his website is a good source of the basic details :thumb: I recommend reading it over if you haven’t already. I periodically go back and read it again, just to refresh :)

Foliars wise Doc usually recommends to foliar a couple of days before or after a drench - don’t want the roots either fully soaked or fully dry. That said, it’s all pretty forgiving - just best not to spray and drench on the same day. ANd yeh - what neiko said, only foliar once they’ve grown up a bit, for seedlings anyway.

Question for you brix vets then... these are clones i think, so how does hawk decide when they’re ready for foliars?
These are all feminized seeds, but good question either way as I will be running clones as well.

Back
Top Bottom