Can you cook butter too long? I'm using 5 hrs now

Ibspot

I'm just curious about how long you can actually let butter cook. I've done several 5 hr cooks and 2 six hr cooks. Two people told me the longer the better but didn't specify how long they cook theirs. Any ideas? I know I asked some stupid questions in the past, so why stop now.

I'm just curious about how long you can actually let butter cook. I've done several 5 hr cooks and 2 six hr cooks. Two people told me the longer the better but didn't specify how long they cook theirs. Any ideas? I know I asked some stupid questions in the past, so why stop now.
No question is stupid when it comes to cannabis. We all have to learn it somehow. Wish I could help but I'll be first timing it soon once I get to harvest in a couple weeks.

Not too sure I get what you mean. Are you decarbing then infusing it. If so I let a crockpot on low go 12 hours.
After I decarb my buds, I put the buds in a jar with the butter and then put the jar in a crockpot of hot water. I put the temp setting on "keep warm", which by candy thermometer is 166 degrees. The butter is already melted when I put the buds in. I let it cook for 5 or 6 hrs.

I don't put a jar in the crockpot. I put 1 pound of butter in a crockpot and let it melt. Then I add about a cup of water. Then I decarb 35 grams of buds that were ground up as if you were going to roll one. Then I let that go for 12 hours on low. I give it a stir every couple hours. I don't have a thermometer but that method has never left a fail on me. It seems to be a pretty good ratio for me. It will make about 170 cookies.

I don't put a jar in the crockpot. I put 1 pound of butter in a crockpot and let it melt. Then I add about a cup of water. Then I decarb 35 grams of buds that were ground up as if you were going to roll one. Then I let that go for 12 hours on low. I give it a stir every couple hours. I don't have a thermometer but that method has never left a fail on me. It seems to be a pretty good ratio for me. It will make about 170 cookies.
I'm not baking anything with my butter. I'm putting it on some food I'm having for breakfast or whatever. I've never made a big batch of butter. All I've made is 1/4 or 1/8th oz of buds. I use a 1 tbsp of butter to 1 gr of buds ratio.

Back
Top Bottom