can you damage your roots? smart pots, roots grow through pots

youngrob650

so i have 30 gallon smart pots for my outdoor grow. some plants are bigger than others and i wanted to move them around a little bit so the smaller ones can get more morning sunlight....

the problem is, i begun to move one pot, really slowly lifting up the pot and i noticed the roots growing through the pots into the dirt below it....

my question is, can i damage the roots if i moved the pots? cause when i do move them i will most definitely be tearing out the roots from the ground

thank you

yeah, thats what I'm most likely going to do. this has happened to me a couple of years ago, when it was raining i moved them under my gazebo thingy and i heard the roots rip out... wasn't a great sound, but the plant seemed fine and there was no real sign of stress

I know this is an old post but if anyone is wondering if this is ok to do, I'd say yes. I move my plants 3 times a day and also have roots growing out the bottom. I just swipe them off every now and then. Zero stress, no hermies. Plant always grew insanely fast. If your hand doesn't trim the roots, the air will

Back
Top Bottom