Can you do any sort of LST in a short 11 week grow?

28 Grams

My last grow I started with clones, veg'd for 1 week, and flowered for 9. The yield was not too great but it worked.

This time around I get a little more wiggle room, 11 weeks after putting clones in the soil. What kind of LST can I do in this short of a grow? I don't think I'll be able to fim or top.

Should I just let the girls grow however they please while pruning off some lower stems/leaves?

The outdoor auto coco grow in my sig file was an 11 week grow that I topped 20 days from seed. It went well. Topping immediately switched the plant from growing like an Xmas tree to putting out eight colas with no further fan leaves.

You can and should train any plant for any length grow for maximum yield, including selective defoliation if needed--it doesn't all have to be low stress.

11 weeks isn't that short a time!
2017-06-19_Day_20_1100_Topping_005.JPG

Snipping node six, 20 days from seed

You can do an 11 week grow from seed to harvest with auto seeds??

I've never tried autos nor starting from seeds. Maybe I should give them a try... Is it hard to get seeds to sprout?

Its really easy to get the seeds to pop. I have seen several different methods, what I did was to soak the seeds in water for 24hrs, then simply put them straight into Jiffy Pellets. Keep them warm - not too hot, not too cold - and in a couple of days you will see a little sprout popping out. If the seed casing is still on, resist the temptation to pull it off, the seedling will do the hard work. Once the seedling is up and looking good, you can transplant it into your growing medium. Its that easy.

You can do an 11 week grow from seed to harvest with auto seeds??

I've never tried autos nor starting from seeds. Maybe I should give them a try... Is it hard to get seeds to sprout?

I grew the Crop King Seeds' Dwarf Low Flyer auto from seed to harvest in 72 days outdoors and 78 days indoors with 24/0 lighting.

I think fresh, quality seeds germinate very easily and reliably. I use CropKing's method: Marijuana Seeds Canada - Germinate - Crop King Seeds

I haven't used them, but people really like Ready Rooters for starting. Big following.

I've been doing some reading, it sounds like one could get about 2 ounces off a auto in 70-80 days.

This sounds a lot better than getting clones for only 80 days of growth.

Scientific, would you say getting auto's is the best way to get high yields in a "short" grow?

Look up Why Doe, he is getting monster yields off a single Auto

Thanks I just looked him up, and I did see that 1 pound yield auto. Oh it's here btw if anyone reading is interested:
You're Gonna Want To Take A Seat For This Auto Grow!

I think I might have to reconsider my light then...I was going to buy one pulls 290W but I might get only that is just 190W so I can run them 24/0 without completely killing my wallet on the electricity bill, if I use autos...

I use LED's, no heat issues and no big bills.

The thing is electricity is quite expensive where I live once you get into the "tier 2" pricing.
45 cents a kilowatt/hour, so a true 300W LED would run me
(0.300)(12 hours a day)(30 days a month)x(0.45 dollars) = $48.60 a month on just that light!

The thing is electricity is quite expensive where I live once you get into the "tier 2" pricing.
45 cents a kilowatt/hour, so a true 300W LED would run me
(0.300)(12 hours a day)(30 days a month)x(0.45 dollars) = $48.60 a month on just that light!

Ow! I thought our 13 cents a kwh peak use fee was painful. Looks like you need a greenhouse! ;)

I am glad I have Solar !

A friend of mine lives on the sunny side of the state, and just down the road from him is a farm with high walls. You'd never know it driving by, but it's a legal pot farm, all dem bushies happily growing under 100% free solar. In town you can buy a vape pen filled with oil made from the plants grown just up the way. Agribusiness!

When our Government finally opens its eyes to the benefits of the whole business - especially in a State that has issues with recent unemployment spikes, we will have a 'Green Rush' !!

It's too bad I'm confined to indoors, I'd love to farm outdoors.

I ended up getting some COBs with an adjustable driver so I can adjust my wattage

Back
Top Bottom