Can you help with bugs please?

bill52uk

Hello fellow growers and greetings from "over the pond "

can anyone help with the following ?

Hi again.
Rights these bugs i`ve got are weird. I have looked at the leaf damage done under a microscope and generally towards the centre of the damage are about half a dozen black blotches , really small and they dont move about. I think the caterpillars are now gone and I dont think these are aphids or spider mites but whatever the fkers are they sure do have a healthy apetite. When I wake the 4 that are affected up, they are 4.5 weeks into flowering btw , I examine them carefully to see what damage has been done and its quite a lot but mostly on the lower big shade leaves and they dont seem to touch the buds , so far.

any thoughts please ????

REgards b

Re: Can you help with bugs please ?

Hi mate, you may have soil mites, same as me. Theyre clear creepy lookin things, like a tiny tick. There s also spider mites, which leave black spots around the dead leaf material, that is the spider mites faeces.. If they appear red under the microscope, or some are also clear with 2 black spots on their backs. They look slightly different to soil mites. Soil mites you will usually see scurrying around your pot edge, or in the soil. Th=y rarely climb all over your plant. So if you start to see any spider webs on your leaves or any red/2 spotted spider mite, you will want to get on top of it soon as possible. Soil mites are fine as they break down degrading plant material in the soil.
There s a video clip in my journal somewhere posted by MIWA, have a look at that, its about 10 pages back or so.. That may help you!!
Later buddy. Smokemup..

Thanks for that answer Smokemupm8 . I have ordered some spider mite killer so should be here soon. Do spider mites attack bud as well ? I just chopped 1 down and there were parts inside the big colar which looked like it was rotting. I picked it all apart and threw the " bad bits " and I still fot 2 oz off of it ! Anyway , how do you work this one out man , when I was trimming it up a single seeds popped out onto the table !!!! It was the ONLY one and it sure does look like a cannabis seed , I`ve put it into a plastic bag anyway and put it in my fridge . ( be great for next year to keep this strain going otherwise will have to try to keep a mother over winter time till next growing season.

What do you think my friend . by thge way the good bud is great , no problems but its a female cutting of course and it has NOT been fertilized cos I have NO males anywhere at all ? If it had turned hermie surely there wqould be loads of seeds , NOT JUST ONE !

Yeah the mites are terrible.. They usually live in fairly large numbers, and if not remedied soon enough can really hurt your plants.. Have you noticed any webs at all in the buds or just decaying material?? 2 oz is still ok mate:)
And about that seed, some females will still grow a seed or 2, ive seen this happen few times.. If it has hermied, there will be seeds in most of your buds. A couple is nothing to worry about!
Ive only done a little research on mites as i thought i had spider mites, but luckily theyre soil mites. Still, i dont like bugs!! But ive only found one or 2 on leaves that were touching the soil, ive since trimmed them off. They appear to be harmless to leaves, i find them on dead leaves usually, as they feed on decaying plant material..
Ive been told that SNS 17 or whatever is best for spider mite.. Not sure as i personally havent used it.. But i was about to buy some before i was told i had soil mites.. Goodluck Bill,, hope you can get on top of them mate:thumb:
Smokemup...

There is a product from canada called sm-90. it is citrus based. non-toxic. can be used right up to harvest. it kill's spider mites and the rest of the bad little buggy's. it also takes care of powder mildue and all of that fungus type stuff. I add 1 quart to a gallon of warter and spray them once aweek. it will turn hairs orange and give a slight citrus smell. i try not to use it for a couple weeks before harvest just to have all the bud flavor. if you have been spraying it for awhile no bug's will bother you during that last two week's.

Back
Top Bottom