Can you identify this bug?

I am trying to identify this bug I found on my plants. It's leaving marks on the leaves that looks like leaf miners. I thought leafminers looked like a small caterpillar this one looks more like a small beetle type insect with long antennas about three or four legs on either side of the brown colored by. This is the best picture I could get using my camera and a loop.
IMG_20190516_163309.jpg

That's a good question I will have to have a closer look. Ticks feed on blood not on plant material so I'm thinking it's probably not one. As I said they are leaving marks on the leaves that look like a leaf Miner tracks. I will post a picture in a few minutes of the marks on the leaves.

Sure its not a mite mate, looks similiar to a spider mite, though they usually suck spots in the leaves. Maybe you have both, leafminer may be hiding.
Hope its not mites but if so, no hanging around, kill kill killl........ Lol
This why you dont pull pots in and out of house all the time...brings crap inside.

Maybe you picked up a few, no hard and fast rules outside in nature.
Or its,a bug eats,traces like a miner but is not, any bugs leave same tracks?

I hope you're wrong about the carpet beetle the wife finds out those are in the house my growing days could be numbered.
If it is they're easy to get rid of...I just removed my plants from the room and sprayed some home defense bug spray...let that set for 24 hrs and then I vacuumed the floors and wiped the walls with bleach water...haven't had a problem since :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom