420 Magazine Background

Can you overdose with water conditioner?

growgreen755

New Member
Where i currently live i only have chlorinated water so i use ph down and dechlorinator. The measurement calls for 5ml per ten gallons (teaspoon) so it would be like 1 drop for a gallon. I used 4 drops because it didn t seem right. Does anyone know if you can overdose with this product? I use Prime for my fish tank which is a good dechlorinator for fish tanks but i didnt know i could use it with my plants. You cant overdose with prime, but what about this stuff? I do not want to kill my seedlings...

 

ChronicAffair

New Member
Let the water bubble without a lid with an air stone for 24 hours. The chlorine will evaporate out. Save yourself some headaches

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
 

ChronicAffair

New Member
Nope. The water still isn't filtered but cheapest and no nonsense way to purge chlorine.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
 

TomCruise

New Member
Well... one way to look at this is that that people use prime every day for their planted tanks. i grow cannibus and am also a planted freshwater tank enthusiast and I can tell you there are much more finnicky plants in aquaria than cannibus and they don't seem to mind some prime. As to the recommended amount, it does seem rather silly, but ive been using it in both my tanks and nutrient water (coco coir) for so long, Ive gotten lazy and probably dose like a quarter ml per gal or so, i just poor it in the bottle cap and pour out as little as i can quickly, which is more than 4 drops/gal i assure you. I use this method when diluting my compost tea brews as well and they still work thier incredible magic. One further note, it seems many places are starting to treat water supply's with chloromines now which do not evaporate away, so in my book the two completely secure ways to make water safe for all your little biohelpers is a reverse osmosis filter or a dechlorinator like prime. potentially well water too, just dont use it after treating the well with bleach or whatever would be my advice. Hope this helps someone!
 
Top Bottom