Can you refrigerate clone for later use

Sly

So I got a few different mothers I'm wondering can I refrigerate the cuttings from my GMO X strawnana and my Bigfoot glue and my dos_si_do X watermelon zkittlez also candy apple kush so if refrigerator is a possibility how long and how do you prep them and store them

I have, wrapped in damp paper towels, for up to two days. The cuttings came out of cold storage doing passable imitations of wet noodles :rolleyes: - which made working with them a RPITA. However, after cutting "fresh" ends, and planting the things in the medium I was using (carefully - couldn't just jam the things in, because, again, wet noodles), then watering them in well... They were back to standing at attention relatively quickly.

I probably wouldn't intentionally leave them in the refrigerator any longer than that. By preference, I'd only leave them in for a few hours, or overnight. But things happen.

If you want actual "long term storage," go ahead and root them in small cups. I've done that plenty of times, using perlite/vermiculite, perlite/soil, perlite/vermiculite/soil, et cetera. Then place them close to some kind of weak lighting and treat them as if they were just random plants being overwintered in a near dormant state. I once kept three alive in 6-ounce Styrofoam coffee cups, sitting on top of the medicine cabinet in a rarely used half bathroom, illuminated by two 14-watt CFLs in the light fixture directly above. They made it past their first anniversary, lol, getting watered only very occasionally and fed almost nothing (I think I fed them three or four times).

Thanks for the reply I appreciate your knowledge on matter I heard of them being kept alive and well in refrigerator in bag I heard of them being kept as long as few weeks to month or 2 but I definitely think its worth exploring your idea sounds cool too I'm going to try both thanks again

Back
Top Bottom