Canabinerd's Next Journal - White Widow In Soil

canabinerd

Plant: Nirvana's White Widow (feminized).
Soil: FFOF amended with 20% perlite and a bit of dolomite lime.
Pot: 3 gallon smart pot.
Water: tapwater (left to outgas for several days) pH'd to 6.0, E.C. out of the tap is right around 200.
Nutes: GH FloraDuo, Liquid Kool Bloom and CaliMagic.
Light: CFL's for now, but will be taking the plunge into a HPS when flower time hits.
Current stage: In veg, I'm not really keeping track of how long on this one. I'm just growing one plant this time around and I'm just gonna let her veg until she's big enough to suit me. Right now she's about 8" tall, I FIM'd the apical shoot a couple days ago and she's getting ready to really start blowing up.

So been gone for awhile, but am back to journal another grow. Grew a few more plants since last time I was in and have learned a lot. Been teaching a friend of mine how to grow and he's getting ready to chop a beautiful bag seed Kush that looks like it's gonna yield well and be some really premium herb. I convinced him to get a 250 watt HPS and I gotta say, what a difference the HPS makes as far as the density and conformation of the buds. I mean don't get me wrong, if your on a budget CFL's will do the job and they've been doing the job for me. But they don't give you the rock hard nugs and they take longer to flower.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to my fellow closet farmers :high-five:. I'll get some pictures up here in the next week or so.

Re: Canabinerd's next journal; Nirvana's White Widow in soil.

Glad your back and sharing on here once more my friend. I'm a one girl grower at mo, well one every 6-7 weeks. I'm doing a Tuttankharmon now followed by a Critical Sensi Star, then I'm on to my first WW grow myself so I'll be watching avidly! Do you intend to scrog, LST, whats your poison on style of growing. If you fancy a lot of work but great big rewards off one girl check my journal out.
Anyway on board and looking forward to it buddy!

So I ordered a Hydrofarm Mini Sunburst 150 watt HPS yesterday off crapazon for just under $60 and free shipping (what a steal!). I'm hopin' I will be able to control the temps with that in my cabinet. I think I'm gonna do a single plant scrog with a tomato cage as the support, Dutchdragon seems to have had great luck with the cabinet scrog for the past year. I may move my CFL's to the top of my cabinet and do a veg chamber up there, then I can do a perpetual. We'll see how it all pans out, I've still got a good 3-4 weeks of veg left so no big hurry.

Thanks for stopping in LA, Rico and King!

DSCF7124.JPG

This is her about a week ago, some leaf tips were attacked by the wife's dachshund but seems to be healthy and happy. Looks to be a pretty indica dominant pheno. Anyway, more to come when it gets more interesting.

So I popped a G13-Skunk#1 bean I had left from a previous grow just in case the WW turned out to be a male. Figured I'd show how I like to pop beans for the newbies. First, I like to germ in a damp paper towel inside a Ziploc that I've blown up with air and sit it on the water heater. This has always been a 100% method for me (knock on wood).

Then, I place the sprout root tip down in a rapid rooter.
DSCF71311.JPG

Then, pinch off a little of the rapid rooter to cover the bean and put the rooter in a plastic cup surrounded by rinsed damp hydroton.
DSCF7133.JPG

Then I tape another clear plastic cup on top as a humidity dome.
DSCF7134.JPG

Hey cana, good to see you back my friend. Love the germination technique. May steal that one off you. I'm well and truly subbed.
Nice light, now that is gonna get results.:thumb:

Well, might need to upgrade my exhaust fan. Spiked up to 79-80 degrees pretty fast, we'll see what happens. If that's all the hotter it gets I can just run it at night and that should keep me in the zone. If not, I'll just have to get a 190 cfm fan with a carbon filter. Seeing as I only spent $60 on the light I won't feel bad dropping $100 bucks on a carbon filter/fan setup.

well went and took down some plants from an outdoor grow of a friends last night. Trimmed over a pound between three of us. Still one more plant (the biggest) to come down, probably soon with how the weather has been. But got to bring home some of the booty.
DSCF71482.JPG

Should be good and cured for the holidays. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom