Canada: Any advice on applying for personal medical grow license?

Peterpene

420 Member
I'm days away from sending in my medical document to Health Canada , would like to know if anyone had some tips for the application process.
Thanks.

I'm days away from sending in my medical document to Health Canada , would like to know if anyone had some tips for the application process.
Thanks.

Why? Unless you live in Quebec or MB every Canadian household can grow 4 plants
..I'm actually not going to renew my prescription this year . The rec weed the gov't is selling is the exact same as my LP, ( in fact some strains are supplied by my LP) more selection and cheaper . Now I know what Does and doesn't work for me after paying the inflated LP prices for 3 years to see the terpenes .
Once you are ' official' I'd imagine you might be subject to scrutiny, and bigger insurance costs ..

I'm not saying don't get a license , just wondering why you would want one ? :)

Why? Unless you live in Quebec or MB every Canadian household can grow 4 plants
..I'm actually not going to renew my prescription this year . The rec weed the gov't is selling is the exact same as my LP, ( in fact some strains are supplied by my LP) more selection and cheaper . Now I know what Does and doesn't work for me after paying the inflated LP prices for 3 years to see the terpenes .
Once you are ' official' I'd imagine you might be subject to scrutiny, and bigger insurance costs ..

I'm not saying don't get a license , just wondering why you would want one ? :)

I do not agree with the above unless your script calls for 1 gm/day (5 plants indoors) Trying to have a number of plants with the low count of 4 or 5 leaves one in a situation where if they have any serious
issues, (I had whiteflies, Thrips and another issue I have not ID'ed, but those issues caused a loss of quality and weight. What I did produce is as good as I have had from an LP, and better in one case. My script is for 10 so I am allowed 49. That SOUNDS like a lot, but when you have 8 or 10 in Bloom Room, and another 8 or 10 ready in VEG Room ready to go in next, when you add a double # of that 8 or 10 when taking clones, your...

...actual number is 32 at that point and when you add a few motherplants always in Veg, you get pretty damned close to the 49! That is only 8 or 10 at a time that are viable as there is no med value in clones or veg plants. If your need is more that what 4 would give you or if you are not concerned about not having meds. Get the script you need and the plant count tied to the gms/day is how I justified the 10/day although it does go to 30 / day !!!

My prescription is 4 g a day. The max a Canadian can be prescribed is 5 grams a day.
If I am growing for personal use , 4 plants is MORE THAN ENOUGH between that and my LP supply or Rec weed supply for me , I am not the end all be all, and it’s just my sentiments .. but I just can’t imagine welcoming the gov’t into my home or paying the fees and increased house insurance costs associated with a large scale grow.

My LP is selling clones for $750 EACH
Hwy robbery!!! For REGISTERED growers . The only reason I might want to register is if I want to grow for other people , which is allowed , but I grow for me and only me so the 4 plant per household is more than enough gardening for me to handle.
Namaste! ❤️

My prescription is 4 g a day. The max a Canadian can be prescribed is 5 grams a day.
If I am growing for personal use , 4 plants is MORE THAN ENOUGH between that and my LP supply or Rec weed supply for me , I am not the end all be all, and it’s just my sentiments .. but I just can’t imagine welcoming the gov’t into my home or paying the fees and increased house insurance costs associated with a large scale grow.

My LP is selling clones for $750 EACH
Hwy robbery!!! For REGISTERED growers . The only reason I might want to register is if I want to grow for other people , which is allowed , but I grow for me and only me so the 4 plant per household is more than enough gardening for me to handle.
Namaste! ❤️

the max script in Canada is not 5 gms / day but the limit is 30, where as mine is 10 gms / day. Why tell people what they need as that is between them and their doctor. All in all there are folks that cannot afford to go to the dispensary or the LP. $750 / clone? Don't go there, uy seeds and do it from scratch. That is the cost of a reasonable tent complete with LED or 400 HPS hydro system. That IS highway robbery. Do they deliver it in a gold plated Brinks truck too and guarantee regardless they will replace if needed. The best armament against that kind of gouging is ridicule. No clone is worth THAT! Big business taking advantage of sick people AGAIN! Big surprise, like all the Conservatives that have betrayed themselves investing in cannabis.

Just got my license in the mail today to grow medical. My script is for 10g a day, or 49 plants indoors.
Allowed to possess 150g and no limit on storage amount.

It only took 3 weeks from the time I sent the app in. I was told it could be 3-5 months. I guess that got streamlined.

Agreed.... I was like holy I don't have that much room.. .but then 12 plants a million clones some seedlings and just like that your almost bumping into the limit and wondering how the hell you all of a sudden went wide and have 45 plants in your house lol!! :smokin:

My script is for 10 so I am allowed 49. That SOUNDS like a lot, but when you have 8 or 10 in Bloom Room, and another 8 or 10 ready in VEG Room ready to go in next, when you add a double # of that 8 or 10 when taking clones, your...

My clinic won't raise the amount to double digits because they think it's too much. I don't intend to use 10 grams a day but to keep enough genetics and plants going, it makes it a hell of a lot easier when I'm not limited in any way by regulations. Id also like to take advantage of at least vegging outdoors during the summer to save on power costs and then bring the plants in to a garage to finish in the fall.

Tell them you want to experiment with making your own oil and creams/balms and you need to make sure it doesn't take away from your current usage... or maybe just explaining about cloning, mothers, new strains, etc...

Back
Top Bottom